Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1913 Wheat penny Help with a grade please?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
374 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2018  02:53 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add cldague to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Thanks for looking

Edited by cldague
06/08/2018 07:48 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4010 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2018  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF25
Please feel free to view my Gallery
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10523
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
30305 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2018  12:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-25.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15336 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2018  12:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-20
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Valued Member
United States
298 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2018  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Check Onedollarbillnut's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Onedollarbillnut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-20 details. Environmental damage
Tim Hughes
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
30305 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2018  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could well be. Has rim issues as well. Overall not an especially appealing example for the date.
Valued Member
United States
152 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2018  11:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Webster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-25 Details
Pillar of the Community
United States
7414 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2018  12:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-25
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Valued Member
United States
374 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2018  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cldague to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9384 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2018  11:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-20 with rim issues . Also looks like all devices might have been rubbed . Sorry not a fan .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Bedrock of the Community
United States
15336 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2018  12:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Also looks like all devices might have been rubbed .

Spot on! I call it a sink coin, at some point in it's life someone held it under running water rubbed it with their fingers and maybe a little detergent. I've actually had this happen to me using that method....it is what it is in the end.

Sadly,when you can't even see the date or really tell what a found coin is, you don't have a choice. I unearthed this slug and got a surprise. Hey, I'll take something you can at least ID over an unknown black slug.

Cleaning method: hot running water, liquid dish soap and finger rubbing. It was literally a black slug when I started. I end up throwing away 99% of slugs I find.

Lincoln Cent Lover!
Edited by BadThad
06/10/2018 12:24 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14883 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2018  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-25 details, cleaned
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.86 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05