Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Authentic 1953 Shoulder Fold? Please Help Confirm

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
28 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2018  2:46 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add PaxOfCash to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'd like to see if someone can confirm this is a SF 1953 or not and it's rarity.

I believe it is as the "I" in DIE seems to be pretty straight compared to some clear others that I have.

Edited by PaxOfCash
06/10/2018 4:50 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1421 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2018  2:54 pm  Show Profile   Check TheCoinHunter's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheCoinHunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SF
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
5477 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2018  3:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Straight sided "I" pointing to denticle.
SF
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving is not for you.
Valued Member
Canada
209 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2018  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Quatchi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree SF
United States
28 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2018  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PaxOfCash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Any general value these carry?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7253 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2018  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In that condition, with heavy dings, it's worth melt value.

"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
United States
28 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2018  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PaxOfCash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I mean it's not the prettiest of examples but I find it hard to believe that a somewhat rare coin in this condition is only worth melt value. Considering the magnification I don't think I agree they are "Heavy dings".

Certainly not shiny by any means though
Pillar of the Community
Canada
529 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2018  8:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You're right, it's worth more than melt.

In that condition (VF-20 tops) you might be able to get $3 CDN for it, but with all the dings likely $2.

http://www.coinsandcanada.com/coins...&Send=Search
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
6113 Posts
 Posted 06/10/2018  9:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SF

courtesy of:
http://www.coinsandcanada.com/coins...&Send=Search
Educational purpose*
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05