Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1995 P Lincoln Memorial Cent With "Spiked Head" From Customer Wrapped Roll  

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10091 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  3:51 pm Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found this in a Customer Wrapped Roll of U.S. Pennies. I found this very nice "Spiked Head" Die Crack from the roll. It's a long one and it's very nice. I will give it an Acetone bath later to see if it will clean it up a little bit on the reverse.

Errors and Varietys, the CCF 911 responder and helper. ;-)
Pillar of the Community
United States
939 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coppergold to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oooo nice one!! Is this one listed on Cuds?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6300 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, nice long one.
My biggest fear is that when I die my wife will sell all my coins for what I told her I paid for them.

Working on a Dansco 8167 Kennedy half album while waiting for the 8166's to become back in stock.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10091 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Coppergold and Mark! It's not listed on COC's.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1062 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  4:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a nice big one
Is "Spike" or "Spiked" the correct terminology?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10091 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Tunnioc! I'm not sure which terminology is correct, but I use "Spiked Head" because it's past tense and it already happened. I just figure that "Spike Head" wouldn't make sense.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
932 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome! I just found a 71 D, not as long as that one though!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10091 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Jim! That's awesome that you found one too!
Valued Member
United States
186 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vietguy823 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a nice one E&R. I've been searching for it but haven't find any yet! Congrats!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10091 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you vietguy823! You'll find one eventually, since they're pretty easy to come by.
Valued Member
United States
186 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  4:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vietguy823 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well maybe for you is easy, but somehow not for me LOL. I'd tried really for it but no luck yet LOL. Guess I will keep on searching, and eventually one will pop up.
Valued Member
United States
235 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add harley1960 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really nice one E&V
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10091 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  4:48 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe you're in an area, where they're not as common to find? You'll find one eventually. You just have to keep searching through bankrolls.
Valued Member
United States
186 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vietguy823 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks E&V, I guess that might be case (wrong area). We barely have any Philly minted here, most are from Denver Mint.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10091 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  5:05 pm  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you harley1960! Vietguy823, you must be in an area, where finding the Denver mint cents are more common than Philidephia Cents. In my area, it's more common to find Philidephia Cents than Denver Cents.
Valued Member
United States
375 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2018  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Waynoah83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now that's a Spiked Head! Is that the same box still EV?
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05