Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1864 Indian Head Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  4:27 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TheKroe to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Heyo!

My grandpa recently brought his smaller collection over to our house to show me and he had this beauty in an old tin can! I know that these are pretty rare, but how should/would I grade this coin in its condition? All help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28245 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Larger and sharper pics would help a lot, but the coin has apparently suffered some sort of damage or discoloration that probably reduces its value quite a bit.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5591 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheKroe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll swing by his house this week some time and take sharper images so we can get this figured out.

Thanks!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5557 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF details environmental damage
Edited by numismatic student
07/04/2018 4:38 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15719 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Better photos would be great for us to offer better opinions.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8713 Posts
 Posted 07/04/2018  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah ,I wait for better sharper photos .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.05 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05