Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1796 US one dollar coin fake or real?  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Turkey
7 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2018  04:46 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add sukru-83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello friends. I got this coin in my local area and I may buy it. But web seach showed me there were lots of Chinese fakes for these. I wonder if you could help me to identify this as fake or real.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by sukru-83
07/09/2018 2:58 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
22984 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2018  04:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. Need a photo of the other side. Also crop photos before posting.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Turkey
7 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2018  04:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sukru-83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hello John1. thanks for wellcome. After getting some picture trouble, finally uploaded other side picture.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
22984 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2018  08:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Still only showing reverse. You need to label each photo differently.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4007 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2018  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
From what I can see from the reverse, I would say it was counterfeit.
If you want to upload a picture of the Obverse to confirm.
that would be great.

Also to the CCF
Pillar of the Community
United States
4227 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2018  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No obverse pics needed. This coin is definitely a counterfeit, unfortunately.

to the CCF!
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Turkey
7 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2018  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sukru-83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
changed picture source files. Hope these work better.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4007 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2018  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sukru-83-
Same problem as your post with the 64 Kennedy,
no pictures are showing.
Learn More...
United States
57920 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2018  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

You should try uploading the images directly.

Uploading Photos

Free Image Optimizer
Turkey
7 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2018  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sukru-83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
pics renewed. thanks
Pillar of the Community
United States
5230 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2018  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is fake. The rims are wrong for the early mint issue that this pretends to be.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4007 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2018  4:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not just the rims, everything is wrong.
The type style is wrong.
The stars are wrong.
The date is wrong.

Must be one of the poorer made counterfeits out there.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
26646 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2018  4:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Terrible fake.

Keep looking!

to the CCF!
Learn More...
United States
57920 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2018  5:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
pics renewed. thanks
Good work! Thank you!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12778 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  08:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a Chinese fake.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4227 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  09:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's 100% fake.
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.74 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05