Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1958 d penny, Is it doubling that I see?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
17 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2018  06:31 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Novelhunter to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone, what I was wondering is if the date has doubling? I'd like to know what you guys think, thank you
Sorry everyone, this is my 3rd attempt at pics. I have used your advice, so Please let me know if there's anything else I can try. Thanks

Here are some close ups using a magnifying app.

Edited by Novelhunter
07/09/2018 11:38 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2783 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2018  09:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add uruman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, better pictures needed.
Valued Member
United States
392 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2018  09:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Waynoah83 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Try just taking a normal pic of your coin. If you have a newer camera or smart phone you don't have to get super close. Turn off your flash and put it under a bright light and get as close to it with it still being in focus. Take the pic then zoom in on it manually with whatever device you are using. The flash can cause it to get out of focus and generally makes the pics a lot worse.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
23739 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2018  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is your pic taking set up? Need close up.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12032 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2018  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Check Errers and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see any doubling present at all. Looks like a normal 1958 D Lincoln Wheat cent.
Errers and Varietys
Pillar of the Community
United States
5603 Posts
 Posted 07/09/2018  12:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see a bit of Machine Doubling. Not a doubled die.

to the CCF!
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05