Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest! Check out our Google+!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1960 D cent SD over LD question  

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community

United States
1588 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  02:28 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So if I was going to find one in a bu roll what would I find it in SD roll or LD roll? Thank you in advance
Edited by Mrzllewellyn
07/10/2018 03:18 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8411 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  03:08 am  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm very confused by this question. I'm wondering if you can elaborate a little bit on it?
Errors and Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1588 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  03:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would I find the small date over large date in a 1960 D large date roll or 1960 D small date roll? If I was able to find a bu example.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8411 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  03:18 am  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh okay. I know what you mean now. To be honest, I'm not sure. More members will chime in later, and will give you more responses.
Errors and Varietys.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1588 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  03:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah it's confusing but I got 3 SD rolls out of 4 I just received today for a grand total of 3 bucks for all 4 rolls and had a grand total of 9 coins that werent rpms and 7 different rpms so I'm curious as I have went through quite a few rolls of both LD and SD and I will be going through a bunch more but I'm curious if I do get lucky which roll will it jump out at me in lol.
Edited by Mrzllewellyn
07/10/2018 03:25 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8411 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  03:27 am  Show Profile   Check Errors and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errors and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope you have good luck with those rolls! Also, you've got a very good deal on them as well.
Errors and Varietys.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
23038 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  05:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Sm date over Ld is on the P minted coins and only on the proof versions.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1588 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
656 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  09:54 am  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A question I have asked myself a number of times. I assume it would be in a small date roll since that was the last one placed on the die but would love to hear an exact answer.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1588 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That was my thought too tropicalbats but I couldn't be 100 percent positive on that.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1943 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  10:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pyrbob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would expect to find it in a large date roll. The date looks like a large date with the hint of the small date on top of it. Quite frankly it is more readily spotted by finding the D RPM which is also on this doubled die.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
23038 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  10:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My apologies
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
1119 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add stoneman227 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have never pulled any from Unc
rolls but this die must have been hubbed during a time of transition between the two types when both large and small date hubs were in use. Thus , there is a good chance both large and small date working dies were in use around the large over small die and it's probably luck of the draw what kind of roll it's in.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1588 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Never thought of it that it might be both stoneman. Nice theory.

Yeah pyrbob that's what I was thinking too that's why I made this thread. Because I thought what tropicalbats said then I thought that and I said let's ask. Lol but Stoneman might be on to something.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1943 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  12:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pyrbob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would say its luck of the draw from original rolls. But if you have rolls already sorted into small date/large date then I would assume they are put together rolls and not original rolls.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1588 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2018  12:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mrzllewellyn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah true pyrbob.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Ending Soon   Newly Listed   Lowest Price   Highest Price   Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05