Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1924 Peace Dollar for grading

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7158 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2018  10:54 pm Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Anyone want to take a shot based on these seller photos?

I need this coin about like I need a hole in the head, but it went for $20, free ship, and I figure at worst it's a dipped AU, at best MS62-MS63.

Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Pillar of the Community
United States
5668 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  01:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8113 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  01:39 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't say, but as long as it is real, it is quite preferable to a hole in the head.
"Baseball gets you out in the fresh air and keeps you from talking about your neighbors."
-Lib Dooley

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Pillar of the Community
United States
3595 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  09:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Images slightly out of focus.
And the lighting is causing overexposure in large areas.
Right now I'll go along with -63, but ....
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8710 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  09:29 am  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks MS in the images. I'd guess 63 or 64.
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
United States
6102 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bad pics that are overexposed, but I think MS-63 from these pics.
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28787 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  2:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, 63. Nothing very special.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7158 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2018  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS common date Peace dollars are a good way to make a bit of money if I can buy them at $20, since I can usually get around 525-575 for a roll wholesale and make $100 to $200 per roll. Just takes some patience and a bit of luck sniping.

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13637 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2018  10:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-63
Pillar of the Community
United States
6447 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2018  10:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS63
Valued Member
United States
80 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2018  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jstav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like a nice one for $20.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7158 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2018  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Got it in hand, my photo skills are as bad as usual but I gave it a go, I think 63 is probably pretty accurate. Fields are really clean but the cheek is rough. Two different shots on the reverse. In hand the luster cartwheels nicely and is quite strong for a Peace dollar.

Edited by paralyse
07/13/2018 9:40 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05