Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Beautiful Patterns--in Circulation?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1380 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2018  4:49 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jpsned to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
1872 "Amazonian" quarter (Judd 1195). Can you imagine using these in change every day?

Edited by jpsned
08/04/2018 5:01 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
504 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2018  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jst1dreamr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is really just beautiful.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3403 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2018  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Instead we get these beauties!

Let's face it, many consider the SBA dollar pretty unattractive.

I'm glad this one didn't make it into a circulating coin.
Edited by jimbucks
08/04/2018 5:11 pm
Valued Member
United States
178 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2018  5:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sheldon Overton Baby to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Plenty of them circulate today. They are from the "China Mint" though! Lol!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41336 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2018  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The SBA dollar is easily #1 on the list of Frank Gasparro's undistinguished contributions to American coinage.
Learn More...
United States
77253 Posts
 Posted 08/05/2018  12:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1872 "Amazonian" quarter (Judd 1195). Can you imagine using these in change every day?
Yes, I can.

Quote:
I'm glad this one didn't make it into a circulating coin.
I would actually love to see this circulating. It would be nice if Liberty were on all of our coins.
Valued Member
United States
430 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2018  07:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kylecolb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah I don't collect SBA's because of how ugly a coin it is. The OP pic coin is stunning
Pillar of the Community
United States
4871 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2018  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHuntingDrew to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't even LIKE using SBA's. I just have to argue with the cashier that it's not a dang quarter.

Gold dollars are another story, they actually have a positive attitude...until they figure there's no room for it in their cash drawer...
Learn More...
United States
77253 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2018  11:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I just have to argue with the cashier that it's not a dang quarter.
Ouch. Give them what for!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3906 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2018  07:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree the SBA isn't pretty, but she still found a welcome place in my collection
Edited by scopru
08/12/2018 07:12 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15818 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2018  08:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Can you imagine using these in change every day?

The problem is if we did have them in circulation every day, we probably wouldn't think that much of them. Ever hear the expression familiarity breeds contempt? There are many classic designs which we think today are quite attractive, but while they were I in active circulation were not thought very highly of it all. No matter how nice the design is, when you see it in change every day it becomes "just another coin".
Gary Schmidt
Learn More...
United States
77253 Posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.79 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05