Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1896 Morgan Dollar should I get graded

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
20 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2018  11:00 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add coinsjustme to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Thanks for assistance. You have been gracious.
Edited by coinsjustme
08/15/2018 10:13 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1435 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2018  11:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well coinsjustme, this picture is in better focus that the other one that you posted. But to give you an honest opinion on whether you should send it in to be graded, the experts are going to need to see the reverse of the coin as well as grading IS based on both the obverse and reverse

Edit: and you may want to adjust the light so it flows evenly over the entire coin without washing it out with too much light.
My goal in life is to live forever, so far so good!

If you don't want to regret your past, don't screw up in the future because the future, inevitably, becomes the past!
Edited by Tootallious
08/14/2018 11:20 pm
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2018  11:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, for a $30 value coin, spend $80-120 on fees? Hummmm, wadda deal! Careful!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1435 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2018  11:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tootallious to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In my opinion coinsjustme me, I wouldn't send it in, it's a common date Morgan and in AU condition, not worth the cost. Again, that's just my opinion. BTW, how close is the color of these pics to what it actually looks like?

Edit: Yeah, what Crazyb0 said
My goal in life is to live forever, so far so good!

If you don't want to regret your past, don't screw up in the future because the future, inevitably, becomes the past!
Edited by Tootallious
08/14/2018 11:33 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
7471 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2018  11:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not worth grading. Needs to be a higher grade to be worth sending in.

to the CCF!
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05