Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I have a 1976 D LMC with possible DDO / DDR error.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2018  02:51 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add oyaji to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found this 1976 D LMC in pocket change and before someone remark I've been digging in the trash again; at least give me credit for looking. Anyway this coin appear to have extra columns on the reverse slanted at an angle to the left of the coin. There are some other errors I need help with on the obverse with the mintmark, below the mintmark with a "D" on the rim. It also look like lamination on the obverse as well.

United States
30 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2018  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oyaji to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
United States
9942 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2018  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You win a prize of... Zero on all the above. First off, hub doubling is very easily seen UNDER LESS MAGNIFICATION! As with any stamped metals, high mag sees "ghosts", which your mind, unless properly trained, will try to interpret as something known. It happens to all of us, like seeing cloud pictures. So back off the mag.

Secondly, here's a big lesson. Where and what are you looking at? Coop explains it well:

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there is a picture with a quote next to it"
Abraham Lincoln
Edited by Crazyb0
09/13/2018 11:41 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3296 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2018  2:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
before someone remark I've been digging in the trash again; at least give me credit for looking.

Well my friend, there are times we may not like what we hear because we have already created a rosy picture of something that our coin is not in our mind, but we need to appreciate the fact that there are experts on this forum who dedicate their time and efforts to help and educate others and they are straight forward and down to the point.
And remember one man's trash is another man's treasure, so even if you dig in the trash for coins you won't be the only one we all do that
Pillar of the Community
United States
9942 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2018  2:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
so even if you dig in the trash for coins you won't be the only one we all do that

You ain't a certifiably addicted coinaholic if you don't check out that "Take a penny" tray...
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet just because there is a picture with a quote next to it"
Abraham Lincoln
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
12032 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2018  4:23 pm  Show Profile   Check Errers and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's all Machine Doubling, not a Doubled Die.
Errers and Varietys
United States
30 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2018  01:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oyaji to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is obvious sensitivities run high and that it appear I owe all of you an apology. Forgive the intrusion of this novice, it has been enlightening and most gratifying to have been educated by the likes. God Bless!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05