Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

84 CC Morgan, please judge

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
40 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2018  4:42 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add NDBirdman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Another one, may as well ask ya'll since I'm on a roll of poop coins.... LOL I'm hoping I have at-least one that is decent. I have another 84cc if this one is bad and an 82cc also. I'm taking pics with the best camera I have on a tripod, coins on a white sheet of printer paper. All the light is au-natural, well, through the windows. Thanks, ya'll the best!

Valued Member
United States
194 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2018  5:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grizzlybear706 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-64?
Pillar of the Community
United States
8559 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2018  5:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one looks like a solid 64 and possibly 65 if I'm interpreting these images correctly. I'm guessing original surfaces based solely on the area around the obverse first left star and the area around ON on the reverse.
Member SSDC
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28797 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2018  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These pics seem to show a stunner of coin, but I'm just not sure the obverse shot accurately portrays the fields. I'd like to it from a different angle with different lighting if possible.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13637 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2018  6:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Better photos needed.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6112 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2018  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Photos from different angles with different lighting will help.
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Edited by SilverDollar2017
09/28/2018 8:15 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5668 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2018  12:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
looks ms65. luster looks muted but it could be the pictures. otherwise very nice.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6447 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2018  1:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the lighting and focus are not the best. it looks like it could go as high as MS65
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7159 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2018  6:51 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anywhere from 63 to 65, as others have noted, pictures which more clearly show luster will be the key -- the obverse cartwheel luster shows undisturbed surfaces and if it is actually just a lighting issue the fields and cheek are clean enough for a technical 65.
Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05