Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1887, Morgan, please judge

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
40 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2018  12:55 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add NDBirdman to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Working on the pictures, please hit me with your best shot on grade. Comments on the actual photo also appreciated. Copy paper white background, old camera and brand new LED light. It still comes out yellow. This coin has awesome luster that I have not figured out how to capture yet. Looking down on coin, shine LED on it and it darn near blinds me with the reflection.

Edited by NDBirdman
10/01/2018 1:21 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28797 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2018  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-63.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5670 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2018  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ms63. Nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
8559 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2018  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS62.

Your imagery has improved!
Member SSDC
Pillar of the Community
United States
6112 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2018  3:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-63
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Bedrock of the Community
United States
13637 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2018  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-63
Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2018  5:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guilty as charged. Your coin has been summarily judged...you asked...
Edited by Crazyb0
10/01/2018 5:56 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
8559 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2018  5:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are you using any post-processing program? You can adjust your white balance after the picture is taken if all your white balance settings (if your camera has this feature) turn out yellow or worse.
Member SSDC
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
75 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2018  6:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add slapsshot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not grading, trying to learn
United States
40 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2018  6:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NDBirdman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Post edit program is just click on pic, right click hit edit so I think whatever comes with windows 10, nothing fancy. All I'm doing is cropping the pic to size and reducing in size by 60% or so. May have to see if it will change color balance for better or worse.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8559 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2018  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Heh, I'm not even sure what comes with W-10. I'll have to check it out.
Member SSDC
United States
40 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2018  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NDBirdman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just took a good look at that program, not very many options and none I used helped much, most hurt the pic. Get what you pay for... LOL
Pillar of the Community
United States
8559 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2018  10:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Get what you pay for... LOL

No kidding there. I dumped the W-10 internet browser for FireFox.
Member SSDC
Pillar of the Community
United States
6447 Posts
 Posted 10/02/2018  11:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS63
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05