Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Can someone help me with this grading?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
75 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2018  10:42 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add slapsshot to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
https://www.ebay.com/itm/173561951660

I was really interested in this until I saw.....that scratch......how could this get such a good grade?

Shouldn't this be a details coin damaged/scratched?

Thanks for input
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
28797 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2018  11:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Assuming the scratch is actually on the coin (seems to be), I tend to agree.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
75 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2018  11:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add slapsshot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep....its on the coin and seller describes it....this is just wrong

Bedrock of the Community
10197 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2018  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Crazyb0 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is another "lopsided" coin. I would venture to say the reverse is what took it up to XF45. The details of the wheat berries and kernels in the ear of corn could by rights push the reverse to a low end 50, but the Obverse is really struggling with a 40...combine the two it becomes a 45, but yes, it is not appealing at all.

That scratch is not "intentional", a heavy bag mark would do that, that's not considered "damaged" to be detailed, wasn't done in a bad cleaning either, and this to me even merits a good bath(and not in acetone!)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8901 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2018  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That hit on the face will not detail this coin . I tend to agree with PCGS EF-45 . I'm just not a fan of very dark toning .
Also I would not dip a circulated silver coin .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Bedrock of the Community
United States
13637 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2018  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Blast white with very good luster on obverse and reverse. Strike is a bit above average for many MS63. Two scratches under "In God" on obverse and other minor scratches under magnification but overall Beautiful coin.

According to the description, the scratches are on the coin. I would pass on this one.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6111 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2018  11:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Pillar of the Community
United States
1297 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2018  11:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kurrency Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hope the lone bidder is happy.

KK
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10968 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2018  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
https://www.PCGS.com/cert/33832220

Sellers pics are magnifying it like digital pictures can do. They're light which is why some angles even in his pics you don't see them. They most likely dropped it a grade because of it
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.66 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05