Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1973 S LMC Penny (Regular Strike) For Grading Please

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
103 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2018  01:38 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add victoriarose28 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I am just a newbie and I might have more coins that I would be needing to seek for your help and input. I just want to know if these coins would be worth sending for grading. Thank you.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
29929 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2018  04:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry,no. modern coins need to be in at least MS66 to justify all costs involved to have TPGed. By regular strike,do you mean business strike?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11835 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2018  08:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just another AU red Memorial cent . Nice but not a candidate to send in .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
United States
8714 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2018  09:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Either high AU or low MS, can't tell from these pics. Not worth sending in for grading, at any rate.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42136 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2018  10:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pics too soft to grade from.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18212 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2018  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Better photos needed.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16056 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2018  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
62-65
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Valued Member
United States
103 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2018  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add victoriarose28 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you with all of your opinions. With it being the third toughest Lincoln cent to find in mid-high ms grades, am glad and guessed just got lucky to find a neat and a good looking coin like this, that's for me. I believed I've found this together with the other few neat looking coins almost 2 years ago and just kept each in a flip. It's just now that I started to take them out and take photos. I was on and off doing it, my first time to join a forum as well and honestly, I just enjoy doing coin roll hunting, it's always a thrill opening each rolled of pennies lol. Lastly, I really find it interesting and I am enjoying it, much better if I find a really rare and valuable coin, that would be really awesome. Thank you gentlemen.
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2018  06:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pennycent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Victoria one I am glad to see you have found a very nice looking 73 s LMC I am posting some pics of mine shortly yours would hopefully be at least a ms66rd let me know if you see mine on here as well as everyonre else thanks
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2018  08:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pennycent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Victoriarose, I have the same one very close in codition ,you are correct about this date/mint cent. Easily ms65rd or better I am sending mine in this week I've gotten several professional opinions so be comfortable in doing so.!! Good luck
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16056 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2018  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Hi Victoriarose, I have the same one very close in codition ,you are correct about this date/mint cent. Easily ms65rd or better I am sending mine in this week I've gotten several professional opinions so be comfortable in doing so.!! Good luck

What you mean "sending it in"? To a grading service?

Unless you're certain it would grade MS-67, it's not at all worth the slabbing fees.

http://www.PCGScoinfacts.com/Coin/Detail/2968

Mine is far nicer than either of the coins you all posted and I have not sent it in.

Lincoln Cent Lover!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.51 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05