Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

You Vs PCGS Stellar 1984 Lincoln Double Die!

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
431 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2018  2:20 pm Show Profile   Check Jsalsa123's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add Jsalsa123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Thinking about getting this coin re-graded if the consensus thinks it is worth it. Please grade and I will reveal the PCGS grade in 48 hours.
Thank you!

Pillar of the Community
United States
971 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2018  2:25 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-66RD
ANA id: 3194067

If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
24716 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2018  2:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS64 RD
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
30266 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2018  3:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Surely at least 65RD?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6987 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2018  3:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mark1959 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
65 at the least. Will the small plating bubbles detract from the grade? Not real savy grading Zincolns.
Completed the Dansco 8166 Album
(1964-2011) Kennedy half w/Proofs on Dec 3rd.

Now working on the Dansco 8167 Album
(2012-Date) Kennedy half w/Proofs.
26pcs, of 28, so far

Pillar of the Community
United States
7581 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2018  4:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-66 RD
Sets in progress... Mercury dimes, Washington quarters, 7070 Type Set, WLH Short Set
View my collection here! http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10518
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/328488
ANA: 3183215
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9373 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2018  7:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-66RD .
Don't take life too seriously and remember it is just a passing fad ......
Michael Philip Jagger

Bedrock of the Community
United States
15333 Posts
 Posted 12/03/2018  8:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
67RD, very nice example!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14855 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2018  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-67RD
Valued Member
United States
215 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2018  6:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Lionel90 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS 65 RD
Valued Member
United States
431 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2018  6:52 pm  Show Profile   Check Jsalsa123's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jsalsa123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BadThad is almost always on the money with my coins minus a +. Therefore, I think I can get 67+ and even possibly 68 From what I see on Photo-grade and HA auctions. Here is the Grade!

Pillar of the Community
United States
971 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  10:45 am  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That would definitely grade higher on resubmission. That's from when standards were a lot more strict on grading, it would make at least 67 or 67+.
ANA id: 3194067

If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11126 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  11:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That would definitely grade higher on resubmission. That's from when standards were a lot more strict on grading, it would make at least 67 or 67+.

This is completely false. The vast majority of old graded coins stay the same. While it COULD upgrade there is no certainty that it would nor would it be at least a 67 or higher.

Grading today is TIGHTER than it has been in a long long time. Many things are downgrading when getting cracked out.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14855 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gradeflation is alive and well at the TPG's.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11126 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  11:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Look you guys can believe what you want about gradflation ect. There is a lot of bad information on the internet about how grading is going from people that have never submitted or don't anymore.

I would hate to see someone blindly trust that and get bitten thinking old holders are lock upgrades like some say. They aren't.

At the end of the day people will make their own decisions and hopefully it will work out well, but the notion that the TPGs are loser right now is just not true especially for PCGS.
Edited by basebal21
12/06/2018 11:37 am
Valued Member
United States
431 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Check Jsalsa123's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Jsalsa123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Baebal21, I am not suggesting this upgrades due to being in an old holder. I am simply implying that this particular one seems to have a very high probability of upgrading which I am sure is not the case just simply being in a green holder. As with any Holder, if you spend enough tie looking, there are under graded coins out there that could benefit from a re-submission. I believe this one to be one of those.
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05