Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Best places to buy bulk large cents

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
3134 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  01:08 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm beefing up my inventory for an upcoming show.

Any suggestions on where I can buy large cents in bulk?
Hi, my name is MikeF and I'm a degenerate coin collector. I also like adventure, big trucks, long walks on the beach and the Kansas City Chiefs.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8455 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  02:01 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You may want to check Amazon, especially if you have Prime:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S8PJPW...HmcCbGV7W2RT

Sorry, couldn't help it. You may have to go to the source for bulk pricing.
Such Oxygen!

My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/282022
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14680 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Might check with Steve Ellsworth of Butternut coin.
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
United States
1637 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  09:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
spruett001
Remember, what the Dormouse said.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7379 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  4:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SilverDollar2017 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You may want to check Amazon, especially if you have Prime:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00S8PJPW...HmcCbGV7W2RT

Sorry, couldn't help it. You may have to go to the source for bulk pricing.

Well, I guess it is large...
Collector of all classic US coinage.

How to identify cleaned coins: http://goccf.com/t/319679
Pillar of the Community
United States
3699 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  5:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Any suggestions on where I can buy large cents in bulk?

IMO there's no such thing.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7458 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2018  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are plenty such things but they're not usually sold as bulk. Certain EAC dealers usually have boxes of lower grade cents out on the tables at big shows & the EAC convention, which are great fun to dig through while variety-hunting. Your best bet if you wanted to do that would be to talk to some of these dealers and ask them for advice. Mostly, you'll be buying collections and lots at live auctions, or placing lots of lowball bids on eBay listings and seeing what you can win.

Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Pillar of the Community
United States
3134 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2018  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MikeF to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Paralyse: Yes, there was an EAC dealer at the paper money show in Kansas City over the summer that had a similar setup. You could dig through a bin of large cents and buy any coin for a certain price point, I believe it was $25 per large cent. Question: When you have seen similar setups at shows, what price point were those dealers asking per large cent?

Hi, my name is MikeF and I'm a degenerate coin collector. I also like adventure, big trucks, long walks on the beach and the Kansas City Chiefs.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7458 Posts
 Posted 12/08/2018  11:16 am  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One EAC dealer I visit at shows usually keeps 3-4 boxes out priced at $10 or $15, $25, and $35, or thereabouts. They are mostly all common varieties (R1 to R2) but every once in awhile you get lucky.

There are several other members who do the same but they often don't sell in bulk like that except at the annual EAC convention/sale.

The larger EAC dealers tend to sell individual coins more than bulk lots, usually because attribution and grading justifies the asking price. In other words, you might get $25 for a coin in a bulk box, but if you pull it out, attribute it, and grade it, you can ask $30 or $40 for the same coin.

A box or two of early coppers is a great attraction to have at a show table (at least it guarantees a visit from me, lol)

Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14680 Posts
 Posted 12/10/2018  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
@Paralyse: Yes, there was an EAC dealer at the paper money show in Kansas City over the summer that had a similar setup.

That was probably Steve Ellsworth. When I saw him at the labor day show in Ohio he had a BAG of large cents poured in a display case you could root through. By bag I mean $50 face value, 5,000 pieces.
Gary Schmidt
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 1 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05