Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Are fractional 1986 American Gold Eagles fake?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
5 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2018  12:22 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add headstar to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
According to the Youtube comment section:
kABzgzArafQ

*** Edited by Staff to add YouTube tags. Please use them in the future. We prefer embedded video. ***

Quote:
James Bell4 months ago
You might want to just sell those right now. What you have are gold plated coins. The 1986 gold American Eagle only minted the 1 Oz coin and the 1987 only minted the 1 and 1/2 Oz coins... 1988 was the first time they started producing the 4 coin set. So with those facts you have a counterfeit coin. Plus if that were a genuine 1986 gold eagle it would have been in a hard case and word of advice... never handle any gold coin with your bare hands because you will ruin the finish.#65279;

Quote:
bald ace3 months ago
BudgetStacker23 I'm stating facts. I have what is called the golden Triangle 1986 1oz and 1987 1oz and 1/2 Oz coins. These are the only Roman numeral date runs up to 91 that aren't a 4 coin set. I go through us money reserves... a highly reputable company out of Austin that specializes in genuine gold and silver coins. The 3 coins outside of the 1oz coins are fake#65279;

Is this true or are these guys trolling?
Pillar of the Community
United States
3102 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2018  01:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mkman123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
what the heck is the person talking about? There are fraction 1986 gold eagles. Seen it myself.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4300 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2018  07:40 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Correct....and these look pretty good to me
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
30206 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2018  10:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Look fine to me.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1221 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2018  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"According to the Youtube comment section:"

Yeah, like the others have said, but not in so many words, those guys are full of it. Just like most other YouTube comments.
Working on: Peace dollars (two to go), US type (Bust era), Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens.

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Bedrock of the Community
United States
14809 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2018  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are counterfeits of everything now but these look like the real deal to me.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1505 Posts
 Posted 12/07/2018  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Check matttheriley's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add matttheriley to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Check me out on eBay!
My Want List and My Trade List

Favorite Quote from Ridiculous eBay Listings: ## JUST LOOKING THIS ERROR ##
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2018 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05