Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2002 PL Set With Non Magnetic Penny And Non Magnetic 50 Cent Piece

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
114 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2018  10:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Canada67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/RCM-2002-p-...AOSwEp5b84XR

I noticed this listing on eBay recently. The 2002p penny is obviously struck on a copper plated zinc planchet, but I am having difficulty with the non magnetic 50 cent piece. I suspect the coin was struck on a silver planchet that was meant for proof sets. I would like to hear what everyone else thinks.
At any rate this is one fantastic error set.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4353 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2018  11:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The seller should take the two odd coins and send it to PCGS or NGC , the only problem with the 50 cent coin is if it's on a silver planchet that's cool but has no wow factor you would have to read the label of the slab to see the error. These two off planchet are worth no where near what the asking price, the penny unless weighed and XRF could be struck on a foreign planchet if that is the case it,s only worth a few hundred, no one would pay near that kind of price unless graded
Edited by john100
12/16/2018 11:30 pm
Valued Member
Canada
114 Posts
 Posted 12/16/2018  11:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Canada67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
john100,
I think that the asking price was set by the seller to draw attention to the listing.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4353 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2018  12:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
When you list on ebay a consigned coin, one expects to sell the item at a reasonable price, if graded as off planchet silver and a Canadian non mag penny planchet best of both scenerios maybe 10 to 20K if there is two people bidding crazy over this but 50K, if you were just drawing attention ask 100K, now everyone would be checking 2002 sets
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1615 Posts
 Posted 12/17/2018  8:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add rocky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
john100 thank you very much for your last post. I was just about to go for a 2004 P penny non mag. if the own of this penny. wants as much as he does for his 2004 P penny non mag. I will suggest to him, get it certified. thank you very much john.
Valued Member
United States
177 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2019  02:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pasasap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So, for my Canada Small Cent collection I would like to add the 2002 P (Non-magnetic), 2005 P (Non-magnetic), and the 2006-P (Non-magnetic). How much should I expect to pay for each penny? What is the chances of finding one in a set, and in what sets can they be found? Do you think it is still possible to find sets unchecked or do you think the dealers have already checked all their sets?
Learn More...
Canada
8608 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2019  09:14 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I would like to add the 2002 P (Non-magnetic), 2005 P (Non-magnetic), and the 2006-P (Non-magnetic). How much should I expect to pay for each penny?

They are still fetching a few thousand dollars each, and I cannot understand why... the thing is, why would you add this to your penny collection? These are off-metal planchet errors.... just like any other off-metal 1c error...
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
Canada
287 Posts
 Posted 04/11/2019  5:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add trimble to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like the 2000's penny errors too. Still need 2003 but....
It's the error coins like off centre, clipped,
etc that I think of as garbage coins, but to each their own.
Valued Member
United States
177 Posts
 Posted 04/24/2019  10:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pasasap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My set includes Zinc and Steel side by side, so the error coins fit. However, I would not pay thousands for them. I have one error, 2006 (No P, No LOGO, and Magnetic (Steel). I paid $60 for it in a nice Gem BU Red condition. If those other errors are so expensive, I will not include them. I also have not added 1954 NSF in PL or 1955 NSF in MS to my set. I might find a way to trade for them, but my cost-cap per coin is $100. I also have not included any of the Specimen Strikes from 1920 to 1970 for the same reason.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05