Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1885 Raw Indian Cent Proof 1885 Colorful Spectacular!!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
488 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2019  1:30 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
If you have a dealer friend who will hold a coin for you for 3 weeks when it's hard to get in touch from both sides.......you are lucky. Here's the one held for me without my knowledge that it was being held for me......I also have one on lay-away. This coin is better than I could've hoped hor......I saw a very very nice 1921 Standing Liberty quarter which I almost caved on,....but once I heard this was saved for me....there was no doubt.I'm leaning towards proof-64, but if you think better or less please say why or say why you agree with pr-64.

Edited by DoctorBurnzy
01/05/2019 1:42 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5888 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2019  2:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I know why I don't have a proof Indian Head cent, you have them all.
Valued Member
United States
488 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2019  2:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Muddler , I applaud you for the first to comment and also knowing my true goal ....lol
....you can find some out there....but ...having a dealer friend ....can't hurt....n'est pas.
Edited by DoctorBurnzy
01/06/2019 1:39 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
35571 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2019  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe that's "n'cest pas". But still a stunning coin!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10645 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2019  10:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is there an issue with the eye on obverse or are my own eyes seeing something that's not there ? Real nice colorful coin .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
United States
608 Posts
 Posted 01/05/2019  10:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NDBirdman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice! It's great when you have a dealer save the nice ones for you!
Rookie with bad eyes, take what I say with a grain of salt and call an expert in the morning!
Learn More...
United States
70978 Posts
Valued Member
United States
488 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2019  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's "n'est pas"....we both had it wrong. lol.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16818 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2019  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice, the hits keep coming!
Valued Member
United States
279 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2019  4:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ballyhoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Being that you obviously specialize in these beauties, I thought about you while flipping through a recent issue of Coin World. In it is an ad for the upcoming Heritage Auction in Orlando beginning on January the 9th. The full color add features some stunning IHC with deep rainbow toning, including the 1864 and 1864L PCGS PF67 BN and PCGS PF64 respectively).

Anyhow, it's both live and online from 9-14th with the catalog available for viewing at http://www.HA.com/1291

Happy hunting!
Valued Member
United States
488 Posts
 Posted 01/06/2019  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that sounds nice and really expensive.....I will look at the site though....what's my password....darn...going to have to reset.
Valued Member
United States
488 Posts
 Posted 01/11/2019  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't get over this proof. I've seen a lot of nice 1885 proof IHP, but never with this amount of color. This is movie' up my chart of favorite proofs quickly.
Valued Member
United States
488 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  07:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
7AM on a coin store Saturday with the coffee already brewing.......breathe it in. I hope there's something new like this today.
Pillar of the Community
Germany
1432 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  09:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GERMANICVS to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is actually written: n'est-ce pas?
Nice coin, btw.
Edited by GERMANICVS
01/12/2019 09:29 am
Valued Member
United States
488 Posts
 Posted 01/12/2019  09:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Da hast du Recht. Ich meine nicht nur mit der Münze aber auch mit der französischen Ausdruck.
Edited by DoctorBurnzy
01/12/2019 09:57 am
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05