Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1969 D Half Dollars DDR-005

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 534Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
936 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2019  2:05 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Picked these out of a 100 dollar bag of 40% ers. After the S's on States grab your attention the rest of the doubling starts to come in focus. Alot of doubling on this variety especially the stars and rays. Don't know if the obverse is a DDO or hub doubling but motto and 69 of date show extra thickening and faint serifs. Is there any premium on these or do they fall in the HUB doubling category? Can't find anything about values.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2449 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2019  2:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice picking!

I didn't know that the 1969d had DDs or any of the 40% for that matter. I use to CRH halves for the silver only... GET IT CHEAP and STACK IT DEEP!

Thanks for the info

::: now I got to find time to research and go through my halves on hand :::

Pillar of the Community
United States
4903 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2019  2:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome find! Congrats!

-CH27
Collector of U.S. varieties and errors
Bedrock of the Community
26893 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2019  2:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great finds!
Pillar of the Community
United States
936 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2019  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, its nice to find these in bulk junk bags. Can't resist buying these when silvers below $15.50. I've been told these are a little harder to sell near spot for melt but have no desire to. If silver were to spike at some future date I'm sure they would still move close to spot. Check your stacks, theirs several nice varieties in the 1965-1970 silver clad issues. I have found some very nice BU half's in these bags and rolls from JMBullion and APMEX. I remember in middle 70's buying rolls from the town bank and usually finding 1 or 2 40% ers in each roll but did not save them. I was looking for the 90% ones.
  Previous TopicReplies: 4 / Views: 534Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.2 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05