Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

5 Oz. Baird Rhodium Bar For A $20 St. Gaudens /Liberty Gold Coin 1849-1933

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 302Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
353 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2019  2:37 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add 4504 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Prefer a 1907 wire rim, high relief with Roman Number date but will consider others of comparable value. please do not try to trade your $1,600 Saint or some other ploy, it won't work, I have all the books and just want a fair trade.

A few reasons why you may want to trade...

1. Rhodium has been steadily growing, please check kitco rhodium chart, it is currently at $2,600 spot/melt an oz. and still climbing... total value $13,000. (as of 3.2.2019)

2. A 5 oz bar is getting hard to find these days, none on ebay or even Golden Eagle, they used to have gobs of them, the 5 oz bars are now sold out at Golden Eagle, their last price for them was $13,925.00 The cheapest 1 oz rhodium bar on ebay right now is $2,850 an oz. It is better to have one 5 oz bar than 5 one oz. bars, in my opinion.

3. I have the receipt for the bar from years ago, bought it from Golden Eagle. Forget this mailing back and forth stuff, I will fly to your location so we both can see each other and our stuff and make the deal at a Starbucks (I love Lattes) or at your office or appropriate place.

4. of course, I have to add in that Rhodium was once at $10,000 an oz, check long range kitco charts. hard to imagine this bar was once worth $50,000. then it fell like a stone, about as fast as it rose. The tea leaves say it will rise to its former crazy high levels again, but who knows, it might also just drop like a stone again, rhodium is a very volatile metal. but it is now at it's highest levels in years and still climbing (for now). It is risky!

I am doing this because I already have another 5 oz rhodium bar, I don't need two and personally consider the Saint $20 gold coin, especially the 1907 with Roman Numbers high relief, wire/flat rim or any other equally valued Saint $20 double eagle 1907-1933 coin the best looking coin(s) I ever saw. Again, please do not try to pawn off your APMEX (dates our choice types) $1,600 Saint off as a trade. Just check its value and if it is the ballpark then maybe we can trade.

I can also consider $20 Liberty gold double eagles from 1849 and up, but prefer a Saint Gaudens if possible.

Currently, rhodium has been on a consistent rise, over $200 up an oz. over the last two months, the best way to check all of this is to pull up the kitco short and long range charts.

*** Private information removed by Staff. Please do not post your address/email/phone number etc. ***

Thank you for your time... mike
Edited by 4504
03/02/2019 4:04 pm
Valued Member
United States
353 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2019  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 4504 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sorry, just send a p.m.
  Previous TopicReplies: 1 / Views: 302Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05