Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Starting My US Coins Type Set

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5
Valued Member
United States
78 Posts
 Posted 04/26/2019  12:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mavs2583 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very nice! I plan on doing this myself someday, keep us posted on your progress!
Valued Member
United States
425 Posts
 Posted 05/01/2019  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add txgolfer56 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Local coin show this weekend. Will be looking for a Barber half, Large Half Cent, Bust dime and half dime, Bust quarter, 3 cent silver and nickel. Will see what they have to offer and if any meet the quality and grade to fit in with other coins in the set.
Actively collecting US Type coins and Morgans. Thinking about LWC upgrades.
Learn More...
United States
70978 Posts
Valued Member
United States
425 Posts
 Posted 05/04/2019  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add txgolfer56 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Found a 1853 Half Cent and a 1908 V nickel to add to my ser. Will post pics later.

Also picked up a 1971-S Ike dollar pr69dcam for $20.
Edited by txgolfer56
05/04/2019 1:26 pm
Learn More...
United States
70978 Posts
Valued Member
United States
197 Posts
 Posted 05/14/2019  06:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just read this post from the end of March:

Quote:
Doing some more searching and I can find MS63 or MS64 examples of common dates for about the same price as the rarer variety. Clearly, the MS64 looks way better than the rarer variety. So, if the goal is best example I can afford, the MS64 seems to better fit that objective. Thoughts?

I'm sort of in the middle of this. I am trying to buy semi-keys in better grades for my type set.

I'll probably never finish it, due to budgetary restraints, but the thrill is in the hunt.

Good luck!
Valued Member
United States
425 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add txgolfer56 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just picked up an 1881 3CN Nickel in MS65. Awaiting delivery.
Learn More...
United States
70978 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Just picked up an 1881 3CN Nickel in MS65. Awaiting delivery.
Excellent!
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
277 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  6:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sharkman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's exactly what I chose for my ongoing type set, too. Looks like you did your research. Congratulations.
I'm all about eye appeal and I go for the best coin I can reasonably afford. If there are several coins at the "type" price I will steer to the least common, but not at the expense of eye appeal. Also, I will stretch beyond the type price for a rarer issue or more attractive coin. When I find a good looking rarer coin that appears underpriced, I snag it.

Valued Member
United States
425 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2019  09:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add txgolfer56 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Incoming!
Learn More...
United States
70978 Posts
Valued Member
United States
161 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2019  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ariette to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a high grade example. I'm a fan of the Three Cent nickel design.
Valued Member
United States
425 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2019  9:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add txgolfer56 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Learn More...
United States
70978 Posts
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.51 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05