Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

OK So This Is For My First Post About The Ghost Coin.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

21 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  06:49 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Newguycoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Edited by Newguycoin
03/24/2019 07:01 am
21 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  06:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newguycoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This coin can't be appreciated at this low resolution and size.so much more to look at. The memorial building looks like ghost around the pillars lol.
21 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  06:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newguycoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry the one pic shows 3 times. I have more photos, just new here
Bedrock of the Community
United States
27597 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  06:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Need better photos,but what I see is zinc rot and a lot of damage.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
21 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  07:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newguycoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In God we trust looks like,in good we trust.in a way
Edited by Newguycoin
03/24/2019 07:13 am
21 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  07:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newguycoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wish I could show better photos. Neat to look at with microscope. There are several different errors visible. Never seen anything like it.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1018 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  07:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With John1 Zinc rot
21 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  07:21 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Newguycoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Guys don't get me wrong here, in no way do I think this coin is anything more then something different to look at. You need to veiw it under microscope to really see all the neat stuff, sure these photos aren't great, but look at his mouth, or the spaces between the pillars. Looks kinda like ghostly figures. There is alot of doubled dieing for sure, front and back. Not machine but die. It should be smooth between the pillars, it's just a neat coin to me.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18056 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  08:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just to much damage t0 warrant a save.
just carl
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
19927 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  08:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see a damaged zinc rotted coin.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
6999 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  09:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree.
Everything I see is just zinc rot that will just get worse.
Spend it while there is something left of it.
Don't argue with an idiot, he will beat you with experience.
Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  09:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PilcrowsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool coin. Lot more rot than I thought. I have a ghost coin too with ghost peaking around the corner of a pillar. But it's just a zinc air pocket bubble. Still cool though.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
36739 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  10:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep looking!

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
7043 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  10:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add edweather to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you can find The Virgin Mary, it could be worth a fortune. Fun to look at though.
Learn More...
United States
72256 Posts
Valued Member
United States
100 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2019  1:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PilcrowsCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Figured I'd share the ghost coin I came across since this topic was brought up. Just a zinc bubble. Still cool.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05