Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Experimental Note Jhs 1986 Issue 5 Dollar

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
Learn More...

Canada
104 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  3:38 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Regent to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Here the only experimental note known and confirmed by the bank of canada

Regent life member #59 canadian paper money society
Regent LM59 canadian paper money society
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4266 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These were internal notes used by the BOC at new design launches with this prefix, will let you explain how this note got out in the wild. I believe there is a BOC letter sort of explaining how this happened.
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
104 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  5:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Regent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are right , I will post the letter
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
104 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Regent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Here the letter from bank of Canada confirming the problem

Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
104 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  5:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Regent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
when and where the 5 dollar came public

regent LM59 Canadian paper money society
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4266 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  6:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So I take it you were the lucky reporter who originally received this note ?
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
104 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Regent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The note is certified unc-60 by CCCS

Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
104 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  6:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Regent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
NO I am just the one who won at the auction last month.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
4266 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great this is a cool note, if my memory is correct a CBC reporter after the event asked one of the BOC people to exchange one of these note and she complied and there you have it.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7439 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The letter really verifies a claim which many collectors would be skeptical of without support.
Thanks for sharing this item.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
104 Posts
 Posted 03/24/2019  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Regent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks DBM I think I have all the facts
Valued Member
Canada
339 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2019  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! What an amazing note to own.
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
104 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2019  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Regent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am almost certain that is one of a kind. that went out 17 years ago.

Regent LM59 Canadian paper money society
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
104 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2019  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Regent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
JOHN100 I am not sure if the reporter was a woman ,but the letter of the bank of Canada was sent to a man
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4266 Posts
 Posted 03/25/2019  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The reporter was a man and if I remember the story correctly a female BOC employee exchanged the note, what ever the circumstance you have most likely the only prefix JHS note
Valued Member
Learn More...
Canada
104 Posts
 Posted 03/26/2019  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Regent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the precision
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05