Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Collection Of Quarters...

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Canada
4 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2019  12:40 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Goupx to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey All,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

td;lr

I been collecting quarters for the longest time, deciding what to do with them. Exchange them at the bank or just use them.

I accumulated ~ $100 worth of Canadian Quarters in the picture, and have another group of ~ $100 mixed colored quarters. It's just taking up space.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
34472 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2019  2:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If they're just common, it'll be faster to exchange them for bills at the bank.

to the CCF!
Canada
4 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2019  3:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Goupx to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks...they're all 1999-2000 series and wanted to see if I could exchange it to the people in the forum that would appreciate them, before exchanging them at the bank.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
6881 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2019  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are all common business strikes, take them to the bank.
I'm sure anyone on this forum who collects quarters would have
at least one.
Don't argue with an idiot, he will beat you with experience.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1441 Posts
 Posted 04/13/2019  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What a wonderful thought! Thank you for that!
Learn More...
United States
69544 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
316 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2019  01:03 am  Show Profile   Check TerryT's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TerryT to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I had 24 original mint rolls of 1999-2000, 1 of each month. In 2017, I put them of ebay in two lots starting at face value- $120 for 12 rolls. I would have done nearly as well at the bank. $5 profit after fees, blah.
I used to keep all the olympic, and other special quarters, but so did everyone else, in rolls. Now I just keep one of each and use the others to buy old stuff. If yours are from circulation, dump them.
Canada
4 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2019  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Goupx to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok thanks all for the insight. Originally wanted to keep them for the kids...they don't seem to have much interests over the years...off to the bank!

Thanks for the warm welcome all.
Valued Member
Canada
59 Posts
 Posted 04/14/2019  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Stogie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with taking these to the bank and exchanging them for bills. They are very common coins and probably circulated, which means they are only worth face value and most likely always will be. Personally, as a collector I have no interest in quarters like these because for the last while, the RCM seems to be flooding circulating coinage with commemorative coins, and that any reason will suffice for a commemorative (regardless of denomination). I find this very tiring and frustrating.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.88 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05