Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coinstar Rejection Reasons

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2019  1:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikem007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Has me wondering, I need to dump in a few items on that list just to see what happens.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15922 Posts
 Posted 04/16/2019  2:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
At 2.6 grams it is borderline out of tolerance. I assume your scale only shows one decimal place, if so it could have weighed 2.64 grams which would be out of tolerance. It depends on what weight range the machine is set to accept.
Gary Schmidt
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
 Posted 04/17/2019  6:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikem007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ike dollars are not accepted at coinstar machines. Not only not accepted but they don't reject out the reject tray either. I did more of a controlled experiment tonight and knew exactly how many Susan Bs went in, how many halves. I dropped in one Ike. All I heard was a bunch of clunking around inside the machine. I dropped in some pennies, nickels, dimes. They all processed and one or two dropped out the reject tray but went back in no problems. The machine did not count my Ike. So, between several nights ago and tonight, I lost 11 Ikes to coinstar. I'm sure if I asked the front desk people at the store to open the machine, maybe they could retrieve my Ike. Several nights ago was at another store so I have to assume the other 10 are long gone.
Learn More...
United States
78214 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15922 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2019  12:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm sure if I asked the front desk people at the store to open the machine, maybe they could retrieve my Ike

Probably not. The normal arrangement is the machine belongs to coinstar and they lease the space in the store. The store does NOT have a key to the machine. You would have to be there when they come to service the machine.
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
United States
588 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2019  12:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with jbuck .... Ouch!

Pillar of the Community
United States
3790 Posts
 Posted 04/23/2019  06:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Ike dollars are not accepted at coinstar machines.
From the sounds of things, the machine accepted yours!
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Edited by fistfulladirt
04/23/2019 06:07 am
Learn More...
United States
78214 Posts
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  03:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add madmean158 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I just want to know if it's taking my coins why don't I have a choice of saying I want my rejected coins I put them in there I want them back.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15922 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Talk to Coinstar about it.
Gary Schmidt
Valued Member
United States
254 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  11:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeputyMax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They do take 11% off the top but compared to my trips to the bank and dealing with bank teller ladies, I think I'm starting to like coinstar route.

Instead of paying the 11%, why not have some fun and spend those halves and dollars and report them in these two threads?
http://goccf.com/t/247505
http://goccf.com/t/247499
I never met a man I didn't like - Will Rogers
I never met a half dollar I didn't like - DeputyMax
Learn More...
United States
78214 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3790 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2019  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Accepted. Not counted.
Yes,Thanks JB.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.94 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05