Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

You Want Contests , You Get Contests!!!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 1,140Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
133 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2019  06:27 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add PamV to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Most know the movie Toy Story, well this contest goes by the unpredictabie name of:
"Coin Story"!
The funniest coin related story gets a prize. Hey Pam, what's this prize you speak of? Well, I'm glad you qsked.Let me tell you about this prize. This prize is not one of a kind, It also has very low, nope not mintage. Take your mind far from that direction. Its value this item has a very low value. 8t is a 2008, its shiney and has never been handled from what I was told. Dont take my word for it though Seriously dont, I'm not knowledgeable enough to know for sure. So Pam, is it a collectors item? Maybe, if not, you get to make it one. The prize is a surprise. The prize will be reveiled the last day of the contest.
Rules:
1- contest will run from 4/27/19-5/27/19. Should give ample time to bring the best stories to the table.
2- must be a true story that has happened to or involved the story teller in some way.
3- the first 3 responders with story will be the official judges.
4- winner will he a majority vote.
5- have fun with it. It's a good way to get to know each other a little better.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15059 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2019  2:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow Pam that's a new one . I'm not sure if a whole month is the way to go on this . It might get forgotten by inactive stories and put on the back burner by the Mods . Your call .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Valued Member
United States
133 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2019  5:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PamV to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How a out 2 weeks?
Valued Member
United States
133 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2019  5:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PamV to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We will go 1 week.
The final day of contest will be MAY 4, 2019
MAY THE 4TH BE WITH YOU!!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15059 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2019  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Go for it .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56001 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2019  5:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I too think it might be best to shorten the contest period.
Valued Member
United States
133 Posts
 Posted 04/27/2019  6:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PamV to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will kick this bad boy off.
My funniest coin story happened not to long ago and it so happens it involved John1. I had a 2017 quarter that had this amazing error. John presented his theory on what it was. In my excitement I took the coin to my local coin shop thinking I have finally found something special. As the man behind the counter listened to me telling him all about it with such enthusiasm and looking at my coin simultaneously he had a big smile on his face. So I really thought it was something good. When I finished speaking he kinda let out a giggle and scraped the spot where this amazing error was on the coin. My bubble burst before my eyes. It was like watching something in slow motion. NOOOOOO! as something slips through your hands. It was glue, clear glue! John1 had called it from the beginning. You can look at my past posts to read it in its entirety.
Valued Member
United States
133 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2019  2:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PamV to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, since there weren't any contestants, there weren't any winners.
The prizes were an Egyptian coin and a vintage leather college football jacket. ROLL TIDE!
Have a wonderful day everyone!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15059 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2019  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't sweat it , just come up with a more interesting contest .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
56001 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2019  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't be discouraged - many contests don't pan out. Nice to know you're still out there, haven't heard back.
Valued Member
United States
133 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2019  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PamV to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coinfrog,
I dont know what happened, but I did send an email. I will resend it.
Valued Member
United States
133 Posts
 Posted 05/05/2019  11:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PamV to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh it has become a mission to figure out a contest people will join in on. I will get one. I have my work cut out for me, but I will get it. Thank you for the encouagement.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11477 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2019  12:56 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Oh it has become a mission to figure out a contest people will join in on. I will get one. I have my work cut out for me, but I will get it.

You will find it. In my experience, guessing games are quite popular. You can add your own touch to it, of course, to make it unique. Most of my contests have been fairly successful, I would say. The main thing is that I wanted to give back to the people I interacted with so much and from whom I learned.

I saw your contest, but I just had no story to tell. It's all pretty lame on my end. LOL Don't be disheartened. A lot of members don't check this section often because contests with actual prizes (ahem, jbuck...) are few and far between.

I'm looking forward to your next.

In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
15059 Posts
 Posted 05/06/2019  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pam , this past February I had a contest that was very successful . All it was ,was for members to guess how many coins were in a jar that I had posted a photo of . Well it wound up lasting 2 weeks of heavy guessing and after 20 pages of guesses I had a couple of winners .
So a simple contest turned out to be tons of fun for all . Oh by the way ,I had real nice coins as prizes ,helped to keep the interest flowing .
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 1,140Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05