Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Poll: What US Small Cent Design Is Your Favorite?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 47 / Views: 3,509Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community

United States
717 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2019  10:05 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add HoboNickelCarver to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Poll Question
My Poll Question is:
What US Small Cent Design Is Your Favorite?

In addition to voting in the poll,
feel free to comment on why the design
you pick is your favorite.
Thanks!

Poll Choices
  Flying Eagle cent
  Indian Head cent
  Lincoln Cent

Edited by HoboNickelCarver
05/07/2019 10:06 am
Valued Member
United States
286 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2019  10:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add edthelorax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Woodgrain Lincolns for sure.

Pillar of the Community
United States
717 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2019  10:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HoboNickelCarver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks Nice edthelorax!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14161 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2019  10:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really love the IHC for it's intricate obverse design . But the Lincoln Wheat cent comes awfully close .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Edited by T-BOP
05/07/2019 10:24 am
Learn More...
United States
90945 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2019  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now this should be an interesting poll. I think being in the modern forum will skew the results though.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51186 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2019  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd be hard pressed to make a choice. I've collected and owned them all over a long life.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1800 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2019  12:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Flying Eagle. Presidential portraits/busts are boring at best; the Indian design is mildly appealing but otherwise uninspired.
Working on: Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens; upgrading my Peace dollar and US Type sets

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2019  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinBuffalo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've never owned a Flying Eagle cent so I can't say what it looks like in hand but I like it. I think I like Wheaties the most. Not because of the obverse of Lincoln but because of the reverse. I can't stand Memorials or Shields though. Indians are very nice too and I hope to own some BU example some day
Pillar of the Community
United States
795 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2019  1:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hcmusicguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I love the FE, but the Indian is my favorite. I especially love the CuNi IHC in my 7070.

Lincoln, on the other hand, never really had my interest. I'll save wheat pennies as I come across them, but the Lincoln obverse became stale decades ago. Now I will say that the recent shield reverse was an improvement over the trolley car.
Oldest circulation finds: Cent 1902; 3CN 1867; Nickel 1930; Dime 1914; Quarter 1876; Half 1936; Dollar 1900; Banknote 1928 $2; Foreign 1917 3d (United Kingdom)
Valued Member
United States
206 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2019  1:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Andy Herkimer to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a fan of shield cents, memorials are ok, but wheat cents are my favorite for sure. Indians and flying eagles fall into the ok category.

#1 wheat cents
#2 flying eagles
#3 Indian heads
#4 memorial cents

#10 shield cents lol.
Learn More...
United States
90945 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2019  3:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Flying Eagle and Lincoln are neck and neck. IHC a close second.
Pillar of the Community
United States
717 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2019  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HoboNickelCarver to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is close. It will be interesting to see if one pulls ahead in the voting.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2214 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2019  6:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do like the IHC.

KK
Pillar of the Community
United States
822 Posts
 Posted 05/07/2019  7:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IHC....good thing you didn't go with proofs. Those Flying Eagles have a lot of design variations used on the reverse for such a short run.
Edited by DoctorBurnzy
05/07/2019 7:12 pm
Valued Member
United States
397 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2019  06:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickels_rule to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IHC has my vote
Learn More...
United States
90945 Posts
 Posted 05/08/2019  08:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IHC has pulled ahead. FEC close behind. LC falling behind.
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 47 / Views: 3,509Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.91 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05