Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1968 S Lincoln Penny Grade Idea?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
8 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  01:59 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add bwies to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

I am pretty new at this. I have a 1968S Lincoln Penny which to me looks pretty nice for a 51 year old coin. It would be helpful to me if some of the very knowledgeable people on this site would give me their estimate as to what kind of grade a coin like this would earn. This way I can have a better idea for future coins as to what grade those might be. My first thought was to find out how to clean it up first, but I have come to see from my other post on the modern coins forum that it probably is not a good idea.
I am attaching a few pictures and I am hopeful they came out well enough so the coin can be properly evaluated.

Many thanks in advance!

United States
8 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  02:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bwies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Reposting one of the reverse pictures that came out too small.

Thanks

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40501 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  08:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Possibly as low as AU-58, probably no higher than MS-63.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4589 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  08:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS62
Valued Member
United States
219 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  09:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikem007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It has a good strike so you got that going for you. Most all 68s LMC I cut out of mint sets are all blown out almost like late stage die. MS62 or 63.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15984 Posts
 Posted 05/16/2019  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks to be AU-58 based on what I can see.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
United States
8 Posts
 Posted 05/17/2019  03:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bwies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Many thanks to all that replied. I have plenty to learn but am enjoying the time I'm spending on this new hobby.

Thanks!
United States
22 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2019  06:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mbren116 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS61
Valued Member
United States
56 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2019  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wasl51 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS62
Valued Member
United States
93 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2019  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sullysullinburg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU58RB
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05