Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

CCF No Longer Secure?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community
United States
29074 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2019  05:06 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Just noticed in the address bar that it no longer reads Secure. What up wit dat? (using Google Chrome) On Firefox it reads a green padlock that is locked?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
05/19/2019 05:09 am
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20028 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2019  06:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://goccf.com/t/347459&whichpage=2

Just don't put your credit card or bank info in the forms here all the time like you always do...... oh wait... that never happens here.

It still has certs, if it really bothers anyone for a few days update your bookmarks and make sure the s is there.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
29074 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2019  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What about members who support CCF. They use credit/debit or paypal don't they? Maybe it's just a Google Chrome problem?
John1
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3288 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2019  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm on Chrome and it's secure again...

-----Burton
45 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
Bedrock of the Community
United States
29074 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2019  1:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm on chrome Version 74.0.3729.157 (Official Build) (64-bit)
and it reads not secure. I'm sure it's no big deal,just thought it was odd.
John1
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20028 Posts
 Posted 05/19/2019  6:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What about members who support CCF. They use credit/debit or paypal don't they? Maybe it's just a Google Chrome problem?

Not on this site, on Paypal.

It's not a problem. Like I said, update your bookmark to https in the url and it should be secure. I just had to remove the auto redirect from http to https until the extended SSL is installed. It can't install with the redirect in place.
Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2019  09:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do what Bobby said. It is not Chrome, it is your bookmarks.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
29074 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2019  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I did what bobby said.On the main page it is https,but the little lock is not green. As I type this, the address bar is red with a ! and Not secure in red?. I am not worried,just curious.
John1
Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2019  2:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have noticed that some pages will not show as fully secure because of mixed content, i.e. images not hosted on CCF servers directly. Another good reason to upload photos to CCF.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20028 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2019  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, and it's always been that way. Cannot be helped.

Appears he's working on it now, just got billed for the additional year of SSL.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
29074 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2019  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like it is working now,but the lock is not green...is it supposed to be? So the issue was/is with Chrome?
John1
Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20028 Posts
 Posted 05/21/2019  08:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Certs have been extended through July 2020 and redirect rules enabled again.
Learn More...
United States
76302 Posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.44 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05