Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1780 Maria Theresa Thaler: Original Strike Vienna Mint

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
2087 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  11:02 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add austrokiwi to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Today there is one less gap in my collection. Its taken over 10 years hunting to get this coin. The known population is between 5 and 10 examples. I was really excited to find and bid on it, however, as usual, once it's in my hands I feel a little deflated. The reason for the deflation I think is the hunt is what I enjoy the most. With this one added to my collection, there is only one significant gap left. Pun warning, unfortunately, I don't think the fat lady will sing for me and my collection ever because the last coin has only two examples in existence, one is in the Kunsthistorisches Museum in Vienna and the other is in private hands. Should that one available coin come up for sale I doubt I will have the financial resources to obtain it.
Edited by austrokiwi
05/22/2019 11:03 am
Valued Member
United States
414 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  12:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cableguy815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin Austro! Do you know the correct DAV number for this type?

You should definitely have nothing to feel deflated about. To capitulate a ten year quest must feel amazing.

Do share your backstory on where you found this piece. I am not as familiar with all of the MTT variants but it's the ICFA mint and the fact that the there is a 'U' instead of a 'V' in 'AUST', correct?

Nothing better than a fresh World Crown arriving in the mail after a long and tiring day.
Valued Member
Uruguay
217 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  1:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cara to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Between 5 and 10 examples?!?!?!
That's an excellent addition, congratulations!
Pillar of the Community
2087 Posts
 Posted 05/22/2019  1:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add austrokiwi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Do you know the correct DAV number for this type?

Davenport didn't catalogue this one. It is Cataloged by Hafner as H6: Heres the link to the online catalogue of Guenter Roeck listing this coin

http://www.theresia.name/cgi-bin/Token.cgi?Item=H6
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05