Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Need Help Identifying Coins - Chinese?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,120Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2019  7:36 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add anna4310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello!
My grandma was looking through some old family heirlooms and found a small box with some old coins. I was able to identify most of them as being old US coins and a couple Alexander the Great coins. There's one large coin, about the size of my palm but unsure of weight, that I can't find any info on. It has a bullet (or missile?) on the front and on the back is what appears to be some Chinese symbols. My friends mother is from China and said it looks like Chinese but she can't read it, thinks it may be old money (I thought it was a medal). I've found some Chinese coins that look similar in size and material online but I can't find anything on this specific coin. We are just interested in learning the history of this coin, or whatever it may be.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by anna4310
06/05/2019 7:38 pm
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2019  8:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sunny81 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are you sure that it is Chinese?
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2019  8:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add anna4310 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, I'm not sure. I can read Korean and a few of the characters look Korean from a certain angle but most of the characters look unfamiliar. My friends Chinese mom is who told me she thinks it's Chinese
Pillar of the Community
Australia
661 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2019  01:31 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i believe it is Chinese (older form of Chinese) only problem is I think this is a fantasy piece not sure tho.
Valued Member
Malaysia
140 Posts
 Posted 06/06/2019  02:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinSupplement to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
sutra?
Learn More...
United States
87429 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 1,120Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05