Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Poll: What Would You Choose From The Bank

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
488 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2019  12:32 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Poll Question
Here's a poll I been wanting to ask. this is my first time trying a poll. I'm hoping to get a view of what the community prefers from a collecting standpoint and from a coin roll hunting standpoint as well, basically what is the most popular among CCF members.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

The scenario:
You go to the bank, they will only allow you one box of circulating coins, no half dollars, no dollar coins from them, they won't do it.
The cost isn't a factor you have enough for a box of any one of them. Maybe you don't hunt coin rolls normally but this time, why not, you do, what do you choose?

Poll Choices
  A box of cents
  A box of nickels,
  A box of dimes,
  A box of quarters
  Meh waste of time, Half dollars or bust!!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11002 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2019  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A box of Cents is the best bet . More errors, more varieties ,more high grade Memorials and some wheat cents .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Valued Member
United States
281 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2019  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CitationSquirrel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've searched for cents before. I'd like to try a box of nickels.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
5167 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2019  1:39 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I went for Quarters as there are still quite a few ATB ones I need - plus there might be the chance of getting one of the 'W' ones...
United States
24 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2019  2:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add shooligan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Always enjoyed searching the nickel boxes the most.
Pillar of the Community
United States
511 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2019  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add carwash to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A box of cents for me. T-BOP
Valued Member
United States
441 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2019  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm no longer an active roll hunter.

I chose nickels because I can get through them faster and there is a better chance of finding something older than me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1651 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2019  4:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add aristarchus123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is possible to complete a Jefferson set by CRH. And, there is some silver!
Learn More...
United States
73373 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2019  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Meh waste of time, Half dollars or bust!!
Not sure I would have been so direct, but yes.

Quote:
It is possible to complete a Jefferson set by CRH. And, there is some silver!
Truth.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3701 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2019  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Before I quit, dimes ruled!
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Pillar of the Community
United States
749 Posts
 Posted 06/13/2019  6:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ty88ty2 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Practically a tie between cents and nickels. I try to alternate between the two when I hunt. I voted nickels by a hair just because I tend to pull out more from the 40s and 50s in nickels than I do in cents.
Lincoln Cents - 2 holes; 1909SVDB/1914D / Indian Head cents - 14 Holes / Jefferson nickels - Done / Buffalo nickels - 10 Holes / V nickels - 6 holes / Shield nickels - 5 Holes / Roosevelt dimes - Done / Mercury dimes - 2 Holes; 1916D/1921P / Washington quarters - 8 holes / Standing Liberty quarters - 10 Holes / Barber quarters - 34 Holes / Kennedy halves - 7 Holes / Walking Liberty halves - 30 Holes / Franklin halves - 18 Holes
Other works in progress - 7070 / Canadian Cents / Canadian Nickels / SBA & SAC Dollars / Pres Dollars
Valued Member
United States
488 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2019  06:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well coming up on 24 hours of this poll, looks like nickels have taken the lead.

I really thought since half dollar coin roll hunting is always at the top of the coin roll hunting forum, I thought half dollars or bust would take the win...

Maybe they are too busy hunting for silver to be bothered with the poll? LOL!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4396 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2019  07:44 am  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I voted cents. I feel that nickels get repetitve after a bit and the variaties you find with cents are more attractive, plentiful, and valuable. For example, I assembled a BU set of Jefferson nickels for the sale price of just 1 LMC variaty.
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq...ukyxurAHKuRg
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Valued Member
United States
488 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2019  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I like both nickels and cents myself but edge slightly towards nickels because I have the best luck there, there's always something interesting in both but as was said there's something about actually being able to complete a set from circulation that's appealing about it.

Personally I hunt them all when I hunt and some half dollars and dollar coins when I can get them (not often). My collection might be all from circulation, but it's all been at face value so there's that I guess, even if it don't go up, it can't really go down either. Lol
Valued Member
United States
114 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2019  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1962penny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i would prefer cents, but I voted for nickels. heres why. I search one box of cents and one box of nickels per week, and my bank so far has typically always had good nickel boxes (a few gem 38's and 39's, and even one buffalo so far). On the other hand, the last 4 (or five, ive lost count) cent boxes ive picked up at the same time along with the nickels have been solid 2018-D rolls. I dont even bother searching them. I just search my nickels and go back the next week.
Valued Member
United States
114 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2019  12:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 1962penny to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My collection might be all from circulation, but it's all been at face value so there's that I guess, even if it don't go up, it can't really go down either.

Thats why I say roll hunting is like gambling but you cant lose!
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.97 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05