Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1992 D LMC Die Error, Your Guess Against Mike Dimonds Guess !!

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
330 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2019  11:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
lol john 1 Nope. I want Proof NOT someone saying It Is this or that. Something Documenting the error OR similar and how it happens. NOT He said She said. (( REAL PROOF )).Like I said IRON CLAD PROOF NO EXCEPTIONS. WORK FOR It PEOPLE DONT TRY TO CHEAT.I would rather you not play then CHEAT. My point Is to get people looking and searching and learning, NOT just asking. For me Its mostly for the newbies to learn, but anyone can play.
Edited by Daves Errors
06/17/2019 11:32 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3053 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2019  11:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Dave's Errors. I have a cent similar to yours. I had to go back and find it. It is not a trapped gas bubble. I believe this is a defective planchet.
Valued Member
United States
330 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2019  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's cool Jim0815 SO Research it and find out what it is how it happens and a couple pics then email it to me. If its lagit you could win, Aug 1 Ill sent ya the coin and 100 bucks. Ill let people know the first person get It correct and there finding.
Valued Member
United States
203 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2019  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollectionMaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am unable to contact you via email on the forum, so I will just post here instead. I found this website had a section on an error that very closely resembles what you have on the penny: http://www.error-ref.com/tiny-circl...and-spirals/
Valued Member
United States
330 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2019  12:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cool find BUT >>Definition: Tiny raised circles, semicircles, and occasionally spirals that are most often found in or near the center of the design. My coin is showing out side the design NOT in the Center as this one is known for.

I have had issues also with this forum and the email link. Its fine to post in the forum so everyone can chime in on the findings. The winner will need it to send me their address or PO. BOX. Info for shipping.

See rules.
email addresses may not be posted on the forum
Please use forum email
edited by moderator
Edited by Daves Errors
06/17/2019 1:00 pm
Valued Member
United States
330 Posts
 Posted 06/17/2019  12:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
OK Sorry but I am Changing the how to inform rules.You must post in the forum for everyone to see your finding and allow them to chime in on the results. (No more changes final one).
Valued Member
United States
379 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2019  06:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Dave's Error's for taking the time to post this. In this age of instant gratification (I'm guilty) it is hard to take the time to understand this term, "die inclusion", but I'm game.
At first glance I thought the anomaly was raised above the surrounding fields of the reverse. Can you tell, since you have it in hand, whether it is actually raised and not just a "trough" around the perimeter that outlines it? When looking at it closely (nice images by the way), there appears to be a narrow border on it, like the rim on a coin, that has been flattened. I thought of a pressure ridge occurring to the planchet that had been flattened by the strike. (See images of 10c over struck by a Lincoln cent)

Now back to the term,"die inclusion", I've heard of slag inclusion and edge lettering inclusion. With these two terms in mind, die inclusion seems like it might be the result of something (void?) in the metal of the die when it was made that ended up being in just the right position to cause a void on the face during production.
This would of course be different than die damage happening to the die face after the die was produced. This seemed another possibility but to me the anomaly appeared to be planchet related, not die related. (The irregular incuse "ravines" in close proximity to the anomaly was another reason I was thinking it was planchet related.)

Hoping to learn more every day on this and most coin topics.
Thanks again.

Edited by Petespockets55
06/19/2019 06:59 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
27969 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2019  08:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Daves Errors,
Your email needs to be turned on here on CCF.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
330 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2019  11:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Petespockets55:Thanks for you post and info. As you I want to learn MORE of the ways and understanding of the coin Mishaps. I am more interested in the Anomaly coin and finding out how they came to be, The UFO's as Wexler put it in one of his right ups. Sure its fun to look for the Error's and Variety's also but I love me a GOOD MYSTERY COIN and finding out how It happened lol P.S. I want that Lincoln/Dime >> AWESOME COIN.
Valued Member
United States
330 Posts
 Posted 06/19/2019  11:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John1: Thanks, I did not know This and ALSO how the heck do I set it up LOL Thanks.
Valued Member
United States
379 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2019  07:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks DE. I was actually surprised how "cheap" the coin was when sold.
I was trying to show the effects around similar elements to your coin when a die strikes a planchet with a raised item on it.

Is the anomaly raised above the surrounding field? Because the lighting appears to make it look to be the same elevation with the surrounding field, not actually raised.
Valued Member
United States
330 Posts
 Posted 06/20/2019  11:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Petspockets55: Yes the back of the Alien Head lol as DRDON guessed It might be is raised up off the coin.
Edited by Daves Errors
06/20/2019 11:55 am
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05