Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1927 Penny Unusual Error

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Australia
85 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2019  12:26 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Pshann to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi all
Found this today
Sorry about picture orientations - best I could do

Valued Member
Australia
85 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2019  12:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pshann to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A better picture
I wonder why the 1939 date is reverse?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
29873 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2019  04:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Garage job,here in the states we call it a vise job.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
Australia
85 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2019  05:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pshann to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John1
That went through my mind
But how does the kangaroo get to the background in reverse with the reverse date?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
29873 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2019  07:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Because on the 39 coin,the date and roo is raised above the surface and when you squeeze the two coins together it makes a mirror image. I hope that makes sense.
John1
Valued Member
Australia
85 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2019  08:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pshann to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
John1
Acknowledged!
But how does that happen without damage
To the wording off the 1927 coin?
Specifically the wording "one half penny"?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
29873 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2019  08:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
we will have to wait for a pro .
John1
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20128 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2019  08:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We typically see these every week. Two coins and a vice.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42060 Posts
 Posted 06/14/2019  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We're a great country, but we do have our vises.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05