Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Will The 1911 1$ Go On The Block In August? If So Your Price Guess?

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
223 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2019  12:30 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add John K to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Not that I'll be bidding - har!

My guess $2,000,000 US.
Valued Member
Canada
93 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2019  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add inconnu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It will. My guess is 860k and a bottle of VIM.
Learn More...
Canada
8695 Posts
 Posted 07/06/2019  11:10 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would like to see it come back to Canada...
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
Canada
55 Posts
 Posted 07/07/2019  2:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sbr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Even though it was cleaned it is still extremely rare , my estimate 1.6 million. I have noticed that the very rare are getting good bids.The recent auction had a 1909 c sovereign go for $6600. when it was estimated at $3000. on the high side .I have been outbid steady on this coin over the last few years. As well some of the rarer nfld gold toonies went for over estimate as well.
Valued Member
United States
223 Posts
 Posted 07/18/2019  10:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin is now up fr grabs. Current bid a measly $300,000,

Here is the link

https://coins.ha.com/itm/canada/wor...ption-071515

estimate a mere half mill.
Valued Member
Canada
410 Posts
 Posted 07/19/2019  8:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's $360K with buyers premium. Still 26 days so a lot of time for it to go higher. I wonder if the Bank of Canada will bid for it?
Valued Member
United States
272 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  12:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JHax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No. They have two: one in silver and one in lead. Besides, the price will be too high to justify its purchase even it they lacked an example. The National Collection can't just go into the market place and buy anything it wants.

By the way the most interesting one to me is the lead trial. It's the only 1911 dollar struck in Canada.
Edited by JHax
07/20/2019 12:31 am
Learn More...
Canada
8695 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2019  01:57 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The silver coin that the Bank of Canada does have, is on loan from The Royal Mint.
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
Canada
410 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2019  2:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cdncoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin is currently at US$432K including buyers premium. Still 3 days left to get your bids in.
Valued Member
United States
223 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2019  9:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John K to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Now $492,000 with buyers premium.
Valued Member
Canada
110 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadaPennies19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just curious how we know this is cleaned! The photos on mobile arent clear and it doesn't appear that the slab specifies this.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2641 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  12:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They say that they were cleaned with "Vim" .. used to clean stove tops, etc.
Valued Member
Canada
93 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  11:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add inconnu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone have a toned coin and a bottle of Vim? It would be an interesting experiment. If you submerge the coin in Vim and rinse it off, it is considered "cleaned"? I have dipped my fair share of coins and never thought of using
Vim. I wonder what PCGS thinks of this practice for coins other than the 1911 dollar.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2641 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2019  06:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that VIM is like a thick liquid or creamy, runny substance that has almost a smooth, but possibly gritty feel. It removes stubborn spots on a stove surface by minutely scratching away the spots, rather than dissolving them. I don't think that they were submerged in VIM ... he used it to rub over the surfaces of the coins.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1007 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2019  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add purelywasted to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$552,000 is the final price.

a $140k drop, thats one expensive bottle of VIM and 16 years in the vault.
Edited by purelywasted
08/15/2019 6:41 pm
Valued Member
Canada
341 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2019  7:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
$552,000 is the final price.

Did it actually sell. I see that as the Sold price but when I click on the detail page, it shows Not Sold. Did $460K (price before premium) fail to trip the reserve?
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.8 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05