Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Whether Or Not To Grade A Coin Double Struck Broadstruck 2001 D LMC

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
76 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  07:55 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add hybrid to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Well I received my double struck, broadstruck penny it now resides in a 2x2. I'm debating whether or not to get this thing slabbed and graded.

Would it be worth it?
Who is most reputable?
What's the average turn around time?
I have other questions but those are the main ones
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39237 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  08:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let's start with pics, please!
Valued Member
United States
76 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  08:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hybrid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock of the Community
United States
28432 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  09:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Even though it is better than an average broadstrike,I don't think all the costs involved would be worth it.Maybe ANACS if you had to.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15932 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  4:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice error cent!
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3403 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably not worth the cost.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6693 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  4:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The cost of TPG grading are about what the error coin is likely worth on the market.

If your motivation for TPG slabbing is a way for your heirs to sell -fine.

If your motivation is flipping the coin for current cash then IMHO the TPG costs are a waste of your money - all knowledgable collectors who specialize in error coins know what this is.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16262 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2019  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice looking, but once you pay 2X postage, invoice fee, and grading fee you could probably find one already encapsulated for less than that cost.

I agree that ANACS would be best on a Coin like this. Once you get to $200-300 minimum coin value and have a number of coins to submit together, then try NGC or PCGS.

All of those three graders are absolutely trustworthy although not everyone will always agree on anyone's grading.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05