Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your World Error Notes

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 2,445Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1570 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2019  5:54 pm Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
If you can identify the note (either country or Pick # or both) would be nice to know. I will start off with this 100 Piso from the Philippines P172a which has a paper cut error. The ND note should have been produced in 1987.

Learn More...
United States
108455 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
449 Posts
 Posted 08/10/2019  11:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ShareBear to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Poland P-95 1940 20 Zlotych - Cut out of register.

I bought this note because it was a significant error. The paper is watermarked and feels real.

However I am not sure if there were uncut sheets which were released. These could have been mis-cut to create fake errors.

Learn More...
United States
108455 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1570 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2019  10:14 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
"Sharebear" that's quite a dramatic "cut out of register" error & does remind me of the fake errors that exist for CDN multicolored (1969-79) notes that were released in sheets (& manufactured). It would be great to have input from someone who specializes in Polish currency to verify whether these notes were released in sheets (or not). I cannot find anything in the SWPMC that suggests sheets were released. It also might be helpful to attend a show and ask a dealer who may be knowledgable. Hopefully, it is legit.
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
901 Posts
 Posted 08/11/2019  12:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A mis-cut India 1 rupee 2017 (pick 117c)

Learn More...
United States
108455 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2019  12:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A mis-cut India 1 rupee 2017 (pick 117c)
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
901 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2019  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another mis-cut banknote, Pakistan 5 Rupees 1983-2006 (p-38)

Learn More...
United States
108455 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2019  4:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Another mis-cut banknote, Pakistan 5 Rupees 1983-2006 (p-38)
Nice example!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
901 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2019  03:52 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ScotsGreyhound to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks jbuck
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
719 Posts
 Posted 02/08/2020  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add notgeldman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
2 notgeld from Rathenow - 'normal' and then a piece missing the colour blue!

It's better than the more usual and 'fairly common' notgeld mis-prints that are out there......because of the drastic saddle cloth difference. I only ever saw this piece once in over 46 years of collecting. A great addition for a notgeld collector's album! Alas, I don't have the piece anymore....
Learn More...
United States
108455 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1570 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2020  10:30 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's one of my favourite errors (P102l) from India 10 Rupee with a cool tiger design on back & SN 5000:

Learn More...
United States
108455 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2020  11:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here's one of my favourite errors (P102l) from India 10 Rupee with a cool tiger design on back & SN 5000:
Very nice!
Valued Member
Canada
449 Posts
 Posted 05/11/2020  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ShareBear to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great Extra Paper error. Like the colour bars on the back. There is also extra inking on the first serial number.
Valued Member
404 Posts
 Posted 05/12/2020  04:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ShareBear With regards to your uncut / miscut Polish 1940 notes, in the chaos of 1944-45, there were a few ways that uncut sheets made it out into the market. Firstly, the Central Bank of the GG in Krakow actually partly caught fire, with a lot of oddments being thrown out of windows to prevent spread. Secondly, the state print works in Warsaw were first looted by AK units during the uprising, and the rest was hauled off by retreating Germans. Thirdly, corruption and the underground economy in the final days of the Third Reich saw a lot of philatelic / numismatic material being stolen / sold out the back door in both Germany and the occupied territories from official institutions (including print works), with eager buyers looking to hedge uncertainty with things that were not cash (why so much strange stuff turned up in West Germany after the war). Although I've seen such items before, they come up surprisingly rarely - a nice find!
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 29 / Views: 2,445Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: