Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Recent Purchase Your Thoughts Please

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Canada
552 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2019  10:14 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello All,

This is my recent purchase. I know this is in bad condition but it is a french $100 note from 1935.

I know the G grade BV is $1000, do you think this would be the grade or because of the damage is it only worth face value?

Would you send it for grading or will it be rejected and not graded?

Everyones opinion is welcomed here.

Pillar of the Community
Canada
4322 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2019  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am sure BCS would grade it, market it as the best lowball note graded, lowball dollar coins goes fpr many times BV. Since you already purchased an extra 20 bucks could be very rewarding.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
509 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2019  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IMO: it's probably worth around what you paid for it. It would be helpful to keep in mind that Book Value is just what it's name implies- a value given in terms of what a pricing panel believes a note might fetch according to a specific note's condition (printed in a book/catalog). It is not gospel. One thing BV cannot take into account is FMV (or Free Market Value) the conditions of the market & how you sell your note. FMV determines what one can expect to get for his/her note (& varies due to several factors). For one: you have to think of the note's "eye appeal" and that is simply how nice a note looks to the majority of collectors. (I believe the Pricing Panel tend to estimate notes that have pretty decent eye appeal under average market conditions). The other factor one has to consider (when discussing FMV) is how the note is sold (auction? eBay? LCS?)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
552 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2019  12:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I didn't say what I paid for it yet. I will post the amount tomorrow.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
552 Posts
 Posted 08/13/2019  09:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TheBurnz to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey guys,

Thank you for your evaluation on my recent purchase, I have gotten some good feedback and it seems the condition is the big factor. It seems some evacuate it as G, BV of $1000. Some have told me it's worth much less, closer to FV.

I paid $254 canadian shipping, premium and tax included. I think I did ok on my investment. I don't think this note will fall lower then what I paid in the future as long as I maintain the condition.

Thank you all for your knowledge.

Valued Member
Canada
299 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ShareBear to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Worth more than face value. IMO around 300-400 at least
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05