Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Ultra Rare 1977 Canada 1 Cent Penny MS-67 Red/NC = $250.00

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
69 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  4:43 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CanadaPennies19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
eBay Listing 283580863223

I politely told her I purchased this exact coin for $0.75 cents and that the seller can charge whatever they want but to maybe consider adjusting the price if they want this to sell. Especially since this was removed from a Proof Like set.

Their response was unexpected.

"The coin was taken from a set and I have already had it looked at by the grader from Colonial coin shop in Waterloo Ontario Canada also with the man that does the grading for the coin shoppe in Mississauga ontario. And both agreeed with my price but thank you."

Last I checked, Firstly, Todd from Colonial Acres doesn't have a grader. Secondly, I didn't think a Proof Like coin would grade MS-67. Thirdly, a business strike MS-67 sold for a high of $220.00 (ICCS) and fourth, a graded MS-67 NBU (ICCS) sold for $27.00

Just thought I would share.

Disclaimer, I'm not making fun of anyone or putting anyone down, I always try to help sellers on eBay that have items listed wrong or incorrectly but when I get funny responses, I try to be humble about it!

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2328 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  5:15 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
obviously someone, who thinks they know it all.This is the type of person who should be removed from selling, as there are some people who will get taken.. I am going to report all the items, that have a grade in the listings, and they will be removed. We have a reporting section here, that can look after things like this, Thanks for bringing this to the attention of the community.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
15635 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  6:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Don't worry, it won't sell.

We have all met pig headed people at some time in our life.
The best way for us to learn from this sort of situation is to just calmly walk away from such pig-headed attitudes.

If lucky, such pig-heads eventually see the error of their way, and reform without any intervention from ourselves.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2500 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  7:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wrote him a nastygram and told him to withdraw the coin or honestly describe it. Here are some '77's that have sold recently:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr..._stpos=14223

Pillar of the Community
United States
2500 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here's what he wrote back:
"Find something better to do with your time instead of trying to judge a picture and something you have not even seen in person"

But, as you see, he has removed the auction.

BTW, the latest Trends that I have lists the 1977 in MS-67 at $40 Cdn or about $30 US ... and Trends is usually off by 30-40%.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
39439 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Typical response from someone who's up to no good.
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
19993 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  8:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
But, as you see, he has removed the auction.

He didn't remove it, I did.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2500 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Bobby.

This is what I emailed him that got the nasty response from him:
"Your ad/auction is seriously misleading and borders on being reported to Ebay and Paypal. Your coin is NOT rare or even close to rare. YOU say it's an MS-67, but not close. The last CERTIFIED MS-67 that was graded by ICCS sold for $27 Cdn, or less than $20 US. You need to withdraw the coin, describe it honestly, or someone will sic the Ebay police on you. Take a look at the '77's that have actually SOLD on Ebay in the last month or so. You should be ashamed ... waiting for a newbie to bite?
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fr..._stpos=14223
Edited by okiecoiner
08/15/2019 06:47 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
731 Posts
 Posted 08/14/2019  9:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This thread made me happy; I paid $1.94US for mine!!
Valued Member
Canada
69 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2019  07:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadaPennies19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So I just thought I would share. I was apart of a coin group that exposed scammers and a guy named Gordon Leslie came up many times.

https://www.guelphtoday.com/police/...harge-586335

The seller of this coin is gsl8-56 which immediately made me think of his name. I went to his eBay store and found he's selling hockey cards which is what he scammed on the article. To top it all off, the seller on eBay is also from Erin Ontario.

This guy is terrible and has many alias names and accounts on every platform.
Valued Member
Canada
69 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2019  07:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadaPennies19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also, if anyone wants a good a deal.

2 x MS-66 pennies (1974 and 1979) are 19% off his 2x2 value price.

(which is still $66 over completed eBay listings for ICCS graded ones ($29 and $34)

Edit: my new macbook adds periods when I type too fast.
Edited by CanadaPennies19
08/15/2019 07:38 am
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
19993 Posts
Valued Member
Canada
69 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2019  09:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CanadaPennies19 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks bobby131313. Making this world a better place!
Valued Member
Canada
398 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2019  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SelectCoinCanada to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Before I derail this thread, I would like to thank Bobby for quickly removing these shady listings and CanadaPennies19 for standing up for fellow collectors.

I am VERY familiar with Gordon(Gord) Leslie and many of his scams. We were good friends in elementary school and grew up in Georgetown, Ontario with adjacent backyards. We grew apart as teenagers but ran into each other at the Brampton Coin show a few years ago and I was happy to catch up. Little did I know that he would start using my name and my fathers name to fuel his scams. I cannot verify the seller gsl8-56 is Gord but his tactics are the same, referencing Colonial Acres and other coin dealers to help back up his bogus stories.

Here are just a few of his scams/shady practices, I feel a need to finally oust this guy...

1.In 2017 he stole 3 certified banknotes from Colonial Acres and tried to sell them at St. Jacobs Farmers market to another well known dealer. They have a picture of him but unfortunately the police could not do anything. I can provide the details of the banknotes including serial numbers and a picture of him at the market to anyone interested.

2.While working the Brampton Coin Show Gord asked my father to put a set of 1967 specimen banknotes aside while he got the money together. Since my father knew him as a toddler he graciously put them aside and allowed Gord to take some photos on the spot. A little while later I found the banknotes listed on Kijiji(Canada's Craiglist) with inflated 'verified' grades and price. I even created a thread here asking for advice, http://goccf.com/t/275272

3.While driving to work one day I hear on the radio "Man from Erin, Ontario charged with scamming people for Austin Matthews rookie cards online..." I knew it was him and a quick search pulled up the same police report posted by CanadaPennies19. At this point I had enough and called him out on facebook, his name on facebook was Gles Stewart(an alias for good reason) and we shared dozens of friends since we both grew up in the same small town. I urged him to stop ripping people off and destroying the hobby that my father and I work so hard to promote and enjoy. He quickly deleted the post and disappeared from facebook completely.

Anyways, I've done my best to keep this brief but I still have lots to say. He is nothing but a hindrance for this hobby as well as the sports card hobby. Gord, if you're reading this...GROW UP! You are a 33 y/o man, if you want to talk about it you know where to find me.

Andrew

Learn More...
Canada
8537 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2019  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Last I checked, Firstly, Todd from Colonial Acres doesn't have a grader.

Actually, they used to have a guy who did all their grading (I think his name was John). A younger blond-haired guy, who would accompany Todd and Kirk to coin shows, like back when they would come to Nuphilex. Todd would select the coins he wanted from a dealer, his grader would then quickly review them before making the purchase. When Kirk toured me around the shop a few years ago, he showed me John's desk - he was the person is also the guy who reviewed all their coins for ICCS submissions and even sometimes cherry picked rolls for ICCS submissions. I would say that John's grading skills were on par with my own - we would sometimes chat at shows about grading mint state coins. John is not on the current website staff list... but I found him in an older photo online.

Lastly, Colonial Acres are also CCF members - they could also read and respond to this thread.
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05