Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Long Beach Expo Sep 5-7 Not Gone, But Seemingly Forgotten.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
319 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2019  09:43 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add howell1018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I believe this is the biggest coin and collectibles show held regularly in California. Now comes my naive question.....Why is there nary a mention of this show in Coin World or Numismatic News? No ads. Not listed in their respective show calendar sections. No mention in any articles. Not a whisper. Did the show organizers and those who run the papers have a falling out. Back in the day there used to be plenty of ads and mentions. Seems curious. Am I missing something?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2019  2:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is listed in the last issue of the Numismatist.

With the table costs so high, maybe they are after the well healed crowd.

With silver and gold popping high I bet they will see plenty of sellers.
Valued Member
United States
319 Posts
 Posted 09/04/2019  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add howell1018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
With table costs so high I would think they'd be obligated to advertise the show. I'm guessing at some point they decided to pull their advertising from both publications and became persona non grata.
37 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2019  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kotsr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think attendance reflected the absence
Valued Member
United States
319 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2019  2:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add howell1018 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm confused Kotsay. Are you saying their lack of attendance is the reason for being ignored, or are you saying their robust attendance precludes their having to advertise?
37 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2019  11:08 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kotsr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Their hasn't been decent attendance for probably at minimum 5 plus years...
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05