Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Whsg Grading Company

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Lebanon
66 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2019  6:18 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add chronos to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,
When I was searching the net, I found coins with WHSG grading slabs .IS it a well known company ? And what about its grading is it accurate?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12388 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2019  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PCGS or at the very least NGC. For lower tier ANACS or even ICG. Canadians have their own companies that they like but outside of Canada many collectors ignore. Stick to the recognized US TPGs
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
40461 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2019  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Never heard of the WHSG grading company. Be careful.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16973 Posts
 Posted 09/10/2019  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Basement bagger = bad news. Stay away unless you can grade the coin independently. Or show us photos.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
15753 Posts
 Posted 09/11/2019  2:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Haven't heard of WHSG, do you have a link?

OK found one. This is a recent basement slabber using a generic shell. Treat it like a raw coin.
Gary Schmidt
Edited by Conder101
09/11/2019 2:31 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18443 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  12:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Never heard of them either. What does the WHSG stand for?
just carl
Valued Member
Lebanon
66 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2019  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add chronos to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
234 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2019  11:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeputyMax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
What does the WHSG stand for

I looked up WHSG on Duck Duck Go (I don't use google anymore than I have to these days) and the first results I got was "Westcliff High School for Girls".

Maybe when it's time for grades to come out for the students they do some coins on the side to make a few extra bucks.
I never met a man I didn't like - Will Rogers
I never met a half dollar I didn't like - DeputyMax
Edited by DeputyMax
09/13/2019 11:58 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3288 Posts
 Posted 09/14/2019  4:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
World High Standards Grading

It's another basement slabber using the Numistrust slab. I'm up around 20 companies using that style of slab.

During the first six months of the year (or so) dozens of them were sold via ProxiBid from a small # of auction houses. They're now (re)selling on ebay.

-----Burton
45 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC
Owned by four cats and a wife of 35 years (joined 1983)
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.03 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05