Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

CCrs Revisited - My Review

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
93 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2019  5:42 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add inconnu to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I suffered a bout of insomnia last night and spent some time goofing around on the computer. I was looking through some old bookmarks and found an old one from the Canadian Coin Reference Site. There have been only two posts this year and they are both from the admin. He might want to rethink whether or not it is worth continuing this folly. I scanned through the last ten years of posts and found the many had been "removed by author". I had over 500 posts on that forum and couldn't find one. I could not find any posts from some of the more prolific posters, nothing from Bill in Burlington. SPP, Zonad, or others. on 2011 when I was shown the door with others there were more posts deleted than saved. This WAS an excellent site that I visited several times a day enjoyed posting on. There was a wealth of knowledge an experience which was freely shared.
I have been on this site for a couple of years and miss the banter and exchanges that took place on CCRS.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4139 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2019  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fioti to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So, let the bantering begin! Maybe you couldn't find those guys because they're here?

BTW, we've a bit of knowledge, as well.
Valued Member
Canada
93 Posts
 Posted 09/16/2019  10:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add inconnu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I could not find their posts because they had been "deleted by author". Some people had moved - others have not. The amount of discourse and the range of topics is lessened. I see a lot of opinion here not backed by facts. Reread the C%C thread and what can you gain from this, cryptic answers about better resources. Yes, there is a lot of knowledge on this site - SO SHARE IT FFS! If I see another post of " look what I bought" on this site, I'm going to puke. When did numismatics become a competitive sport? Let's start a new thread - "Why do so Many Coin Dealers Have the Business Acumen of a Duck ?" Let me start, why do so many "dealers" relist an unsold coin at the same price that it did not sell for? "Cause the Ebay listings are free and the dream never dies. Econ 101 - if your product does not sell and the market is flooded with them, LOWER THE PRICE. This is a service economy so let's let Stephen Bromberg market the product, he's very good at it.
Learn More...
Canada
8608 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2019  08:51 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Part of the problem with CCRS is that some people... *cough* (Brookstone Publishing) *cough* took advantage of the material at that site (plus the RCNA Library, without giving proper credit), and used photos that others had posted in CCRS for-profit publications. Also, photos from that site were being cut and pasted into other coin forums, like Numicanada...

Secondly, and the major factor, was that the webmaster decided to smother conversations due to a "sponsor" and other keyboard warriors who cried 'wolf'... (remember Matrix and his 1921 50-cent?)

So yeah, Bill, Turner, Zonad, T_Y, myself and many others all left en masse, and yanked our posts. The webmaster was also the owner of Torex, so we all stopped attending that show as well. Basically, the equivalent of telling the webmaster to "stuff it"...

We moved on. Most who left are on a private site but many ended up here... myself included. Yes it is different here, but it is family-friendly and always informative.
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Valued Member
Canada
93 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2019  3:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add inconnu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I must have missed the handshake for the private site. Tell Zonad hi, I miss the passion and wit on his posts.
Learn More...
Canada
8608 Posts
 Posted 09/18/2019  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Zoned is here from time to time...
"Research is what I am doing, when I don't know what I am doing" --Wernher von Braun

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05