Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A Coin Shop Owner Was Interestead In My Coin So I Need To Ask Again...

Next Page | Last Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member

United States
104 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  2:47 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add youngmaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

Theres this 1991 with the mint mark that appears like a p but I was told not worth anything more than its face value. I'mok if thats the thing about it but I showed this same picture to someone and they felt a strong desire to see the real thing. I'mnot one to get all excited for little things but it got me thinking about it again... What are you thoughts I do appologise for asking again. Thanks
Pillar of the Community
United States
2280 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MontCollector to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Loos like the MM took a hit making it look like a Philly mm instead of a Denver. This is PMD imo. Worth 1 cent..
Pillar of the Community
United States
1881 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately it's just damage, a spender.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12472 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add basebal21 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Altered D to look like a P
Bedrock of the Community
United States
29518 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  3:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is post mint damage.Value is one cent,but the true value is whatever someone is willing to give you.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
41482 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
May even be a plating bubble.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4350 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A Coin Shop Owner Was Interestead In My Coin

What ever he offers you: TAKE IT and run!
Edited by Chase007
09/23/2019 3:46 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11618 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's impossible to be a P mm . I agree with all opinions from above on the cause .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
568 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Did he ask you to come by the shop by chance?
Pillar of the Community
United States
733 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  4:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I could understand someone seeing the picture and wanting an in person look at it, but got a feeling if it was a much clearer picture or in person it will become clear also what happened to the coin, which looks like a damaged D mintmark, possibly even tampered with/altered by someone.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
17516 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  5:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately . Just damage.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1464 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  6:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hello youngmaster,

LCS interested in that? I recommend posting full pictures of both the obverse and reverse.

Thanks

Pillar of the Community
Canada
2471 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
if you told the coin shop that you had a 1991 Lincoln cent with a "P" mint mark, than yes they would totally want to see that, but that is not what you have here.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
24634 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  7:00 pm  Show Profile   Check Errers and Varietys's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Errers and Varietys to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PSD.
More information about Die Deterioration? http://goccf.com/t/317950
Retired U.S. Mint Coin Die Set information. http://goccf.com/t/302961
Machine Doubling Tutorial. http://goccf.com/t/332421
Die states progression on coins. Scroll down, so you can see the different die state progressions. http://goccf.com/t/325638
Die Deterioration Doubling Tutorial. http://goccf.com/t/336470
Split Plate Doubling Tutorial. http://goccf.com/t/357614
2000 P LMC With Retained Struck Through error. http://goccf.com/t/357080
Pillar of the Community
United States
505 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First off WOW Chase007 Pillar of the community that is a messed up reply lol... If a dealer wants to buy this um I would say you need to find a different shop to go to...This coin is worth one cent and if he did not know this well what kinda junk is he selling lol.. A coin shop dealer should have told you its junk a spender. So should have Chase007 pillar of the Community.
Edited by Daves Errors
09/23/2019 7:27 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
866 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2019  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Chase007 just said what everyone else did. If I owned a coin shop and someone over the phone said they had a P cent coin, I too would have said bring it in and I'll take a look at it. I see this response more as a ploy to get traffic to the store, but if the shop offered to purchase the coin, my advice would be the same as Chase007, take the money and run! This coin is nothing more than a damaged US cent, worth nothing more than face value.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.08 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05