Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1966 P DDR Lincoln Cent

Previous Page | Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3532 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2019  9:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am sorry, but I see nothing in the b&w pic to suggest any doubling at all.
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2019  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hunting_Rare to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

ZOOM in on this shaky blurry picture to the motto "E PLURIBUS UNUM" especially, and if you can't see any Class I clockwise rotated hub doubling on the letters..... then I really don't know what to tell you...
Pillar of the Community
United States
831 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2019  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinTheTerm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with Jim on this one your photos are nothing short of terrible.... They don't show anything but a hot blurry mess. You come here for what an opinion or to brag and show nothing but blurry pics? Just stop, come back when you make a $10 investment on a macro lens for your phone from Amazon or you get this slabbed and we can look at the actual pics....
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2019  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hunting_Rare to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, photos are very rough. No doubt about it...

I'm not here to brag in any way, shape, or form.... and that was never the intention of this post.....I don't know why you would even say that to be honest. Just wanted a knowledgeable prediction at what I can roughly expect at auction as the last sale was a private coin dealer sale purchasing an example in which they paid $5k for a raw AU58 example....

I literally can't wait until I can post pics of this coin for you to see in her PCGS gold shielded slab!
Pillar of the Community
United States
831 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2019  9:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinTheTerm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hunting_Rare you have had some the most respected members on here comment on your post and you haven't posted anything that would allow them to verify what you have. The best thing for you to do is post pictures when you get some good ones or update this post when you get your slab coin back from PCGS. Everyone on here would like every other member to find a great coin all they are asking is for some clear pictures so they can verify
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2019  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hunting_Rare to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You got it, brother.

I look forward to posting slabbed pics in the near future!
Valued Member
United States
282 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2019  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CherryPicker1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Im not saying your coin for sure isn't the DDR, I just hope your not only going off of these pictures youve posted. Youre camera is shaking so much it makes everything look doubled, including the building, and the doubling on the true DDR is not NEARLY strong enough to be able to tell under this magnification and image quality. Best of luck if you send it in!
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hunting_Rare to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Valued Member
United States
189 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hole_in_pocket to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
this photo is better. I can definitely see doubling on the O, but the condition of the coin is a different beast. You need high quality photos to be able to enable us to see the entirety of its surface... for both sides. don't misunderstand, I can't take the quality photos I would need for opinions on grading. Photography of coins is a tricky business.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3532 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2019  11:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You had mentioned at the very start of this thread that it was graded MS-65. Who graded it and IF it was graded MS-65 then what was their finding? I would very much like to see a pic of what the tab shows above the coin on the slab.
United States
16 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  09:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hunting_Rare to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It was graded by ANACS as MS65RD, and they said it was not the requested variety.....

So who is wrong, me or ANACS?

Could you believe ANACS could overlook such a rare variety.......AND in mint state? AND full red? AND E.D.S......? Because it happened.

Since they have never slabbed or seen this variety before and since this variety is CRAZY difficult to see since it's fairly minor/subtle, they have made a huge mistake.

But ANACS has made mistakes this big and bigger before from experience...(they're only human)......so it's not that surprising they could overlook this DDR even in full red, mint state, and EDS (Stage B).

I have talked to ANACS Vice President Paul DeFelice and have resubmitted the coin for proper attribution this time.....they are working with me and fixing their mistake.

The coin is currently being corrected, as expected.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3532 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  10:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And have you received confirmation that it is being corrected? I'm pulling for you and hope you have something but for now I think you have an MS-65 cent in your hands. Your pics just aren't showing enough to convince otherwise.
Edited by Jim0815
10/19/2019 10:19 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2787 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  10:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

-CH27
"Time is the coin of life. Only you can determine how it will be spent" -Carl Sandburg

Some of my best finds:
1942 LWC DDO FS-104 http://goccf.com/t/344022
1963 25 Type B reverse http://goccf.com/t/352858 1964 LMC Tapered Planchet http://goccf.com/t/344895 1867 Indian cent RPD: Snow-1 http://goccf.com/t/357323

Pillar of the Community
United States
4419 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So who is wrong, me or ANACS?

Most likely you! sorry to burst your bubble but it happens when we really really want it to be something that it is NOT! As mentioned previously by several knowledgeable members, we are not doubting your claim but so far all we've seen have been fuzzy images. so let's put it to rest for now until you are able to post a clear focused close ups or as you've stated wait till it comes back from TPG. Is that fair?
Edited by Chase007
10/19/2019 11:31 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1736 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2019  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dbrablec to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
oddly enough...i am really interested in the outcome of this coin - after a grading company gives it a grade...

i hope it is what the OP believes that he has...
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.95 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05