Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

This Season's Crop Of Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
72 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2019  1:02 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ironhorse to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Its been a whole summer since I've been out detecting.
I went back to the field I hunted at the beginning of spring, the crop of wheat long since harvested and the straw bales were no where to be seen either.
A few hours later produced a couple of coins to add to the pile.
A very worn George ll 1/2d (only an outline of the bust remains) ,a local token 1857 halfpenny ( br 919 ch pe7c2), 1859 large cent, an Indian Head cent 1898, and a blankie.
With many crops being harvested now I hope harvest a bounty from the fields too!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17449 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2019  7:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm feeling the olive oil. Congratulations on some great recoveries.
Pillar of the Community
United States
596 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2019  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add joecoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking good.
Valued Member
Canada
72 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2019  07:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ironhorse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thanks mox and Joe

to moxking...." feeling the olive oil"

.someone once told me to soak my old dug coins in olive oil to "clean"them...I'm sure it may have results for some but not me
There have also been other suggestions such as vinegar, salt, ketchup, Worcestershire, and on and on like that, a literal shopping list of solutions...my discovery is that all those things just make the coins taste better but does nothing to clean.....I'll save all those toppings for my fries and keep the coppers nice and green lol
Edited by ironhorse
10/05/2019 07:54 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3769 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2019  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I'm feeling the olive oil.
The absolute worst thing you can doo to a copper coin, if looking to ruin it.
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Valued Member
Canada
72 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2019  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ironhorse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to ffd
It's not the worst...but it's bad enough that you can call the coin ruined
I'm not sure where this myth began but I would lead a charge to end it
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3769 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2019  7:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed IH, next to stabbing a nice coin olive oil is the second worse thing you can do.

BTW, I'd like to say congrats on the excellent digs!
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Edited by fistfulladirt
10/07/2019 7:06 pm
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.83 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05