Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

(1795) Liberty And Security Washington Penny

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Czech Republic
2 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2019  03:48 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add vanfis to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

this is my (1795) Asylum Edge Liberty and Security Washington Penny.
I would like to sell it, but I need to know grade and value for this.
Could someone please help me? Thank you.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6733 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2019  04:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nickelsearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF.

I expect one of our experts will be along shortly to help with authenticity and value.

To my eye - grade appears to be AU. There are several troubling spots of verdigris.
Take a look at my other hobby ... http://www.finewoodcrafter.com
Too many hobbies .... too much work .... not enough time.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42201 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2019  08:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU sounds right to me, though I have no experience with these. Guessing this would respond well to Verdi-Care. Lovely example.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18260 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2019  11:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-58 details, environmental damage.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7783 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2019  1:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU58. a VerdiCare bath is in order, not versed on prices for these but I like it
Czech Republic
2 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2019  04:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vanfis to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all! Do you think it is worth to let it graded? PCGS or NGC or something else?

And you advise to clean coin with VerdiCare? I am little bit afraid of cleaning this coin. Because it is against the first rule of numismatic - don't clean your coins.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7783 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2019  08:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
And you advise to clean coin with VerdiCare? I am little bit afraid of cleaning this coin. Because it is against the first rule of numismatic - don't clean your coins.

VerdiCare is not abrasive. its a safe and effective as a surface debris remover. it conserves the coin and does not strip them clean of luster or original patina. the verdigris on this coin may spread over time and that's why it was recommended.

I cant comment on value or slabbing
Learn More...
United States
78380 Posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05