Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Canadian Site/Link With Grading Photo Examples For Banknotes

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Valued Member

Canada
95 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2019  2:52 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Squirmasaurus to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello. Someone had pointed me to the PCGS Photograde site to help me with grading my coins, which was AMAZING! However, it is not so easy to grade my banknotes, considering I am a real newbie AND because I am totally a visual person and the verbal grading standards don't cut it for me. Is there a site that has photo examples of each grade of banknotes?
Pillar of the Community
United States
7792 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2019  8:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This site doesn't have pics, but it has good verbal descriptions of what a note in each grade should look like...

https://www.pmgnotes.com/paper-mone...ading-scale/
Sets in progress... Mercury dimes, Washington quarters, 7070 Type Set, WLH Short Set
View my collection here! http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10518
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/328488
ANA: 3183215
Pillar of the Community
Canada
673 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2019  9:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add johnnysprawl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Or this site by the Canadian grader BCS:

https://www.banknotecertification.c...tandards.php
Valued Member
Canada
95 Posts
 Posted 10/07/2019  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Squirmasaurus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you kindly. So, I assume no "visual" example site exists?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
7628 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2019  10:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
no "visual" example site exists?
Yes there is one.
It's called ebay.
Many thousands of pictures of notes, hundreds of them graded by reputable TPGs
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Pillar of the Community
Canada
571 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  7:07 pm  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
perusing as many notes as one can is a great start. However, I believe there's nothing better than hands-on experience (& getting a feel for what to look for). I suggest you take a bundle of circulated notes out and try to grade them yourself (once you get familiar with what to look for re: each grade. Look at some: UNC-AU-EF-VF-F, etc).

I also shot this video in the spring with a friend who was willing to assist me. It will be featured on my website and I will add it here:
mbBsZDJtVAk
Valued Member
Canada
95 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2019  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Squirmasaurus to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much. I have been looking at lots and lots of bills on ebay, and of my own. And I will indeed, watch your video. Thank you.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05