Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1910 Lincoln Cent Opinions? Matte Proof?

Next Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  1:18 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Snagged this coin off Ebay yesterday, opinions? Matte proof? Grade? Rims seemed square, and the extra metal in the pluribus s is there along with other matte proof die markers. I'll be dropping more pictures after I receive the coin.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
17900 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add moxking to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Reverse is nearly flawless. MS-65 RB. Eye Appeal 8/10.

Mint State. No signs of MP. Check against Heritage SOLD examples to see differences.
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  1:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is hard to see where I had to drop resolution for the forum but the die scratch is there...unique to proof dies right?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42171 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm at 65RB as well. Beautiful example.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11845 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not too familiar with Matte Proofs but that is one sweet coin . I'll go MS-66RB .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
United States
7858 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  4:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinCollector2012 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-65 RB

I don't think the details are sharp enough to be a matte proof. Regardless, its a gorgeous coin!
Sets in progress... Mercury dimes, Washington quarters, 7070 Type Set, WLH Short Set
View my collection here! http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10518
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/328488
ANA: 3183215
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16060 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  6:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great looking coin! 65RB

The hubs/dies were fresh in 1910, I don't think it's a proof but just a business strike. You'll have to check the die markers.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Either way, I knew I was safe at 46 bucks after shipping...plus it is a big upgrade for my set. I'll get better pics when it arrives, we shall see.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
42171 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  7:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You did well indeed.
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  8:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 2 die scratches in unum...just saying though...
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2019  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Same area of a pr66bn listed on ebay.

Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  03:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coin showed up!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1367 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  12:47 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF!

This die scratch is one of the diagnostics for the matte proof. They point out that other scratches can be seen in this area, but they are due to a damaged master die. This scratch is seen only on the proof.

You can find other diagnostic images online.

The only way to be 100% sure if the coin is the matte proof would be to have it certified.
"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ah okay, I'd been under the impression it was the die scratch that runs through the right leg of the m of unum. Either way it has a die scratch running off the left leg also. Regardless, the coin is worth encapsulated, so I'll probably send it off eventually anyways.
Valued Member
United States
84 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2019  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've just never seen a business strike that had the graininess the surface of this coin has...I mean...it is covered in raised dots everywhere. Only thing I can say it reminds me of is some of the zincoins I've seen covered in tiny zinc bubbles.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
18643 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2019  08:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice coin. I'd just put it in an Album.
just carl
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2019 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.21 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05